DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm here in lovely and HOT Austin, TX with loads of questions and lots of ideas. I've done lots of studying but the area's I have questions in are the ones that answers only come with experience or with putting your ear to something... Like what is a good mid bass driver in the 4"-6.5" range. I ask about the range because my car has factory installed Pioneer boxes for 4" speakers with roughly 143 cubic inches of internal volume and a 5" long port with a diameter of about 1.25" I would love to be able to find a good driver that could use these boxes and sound awesome (though I know it's not likely AT ALL) but I still am plugging in some numbers on WINISD when I find a pair of 4"-ers that I think might be able to kick out the mad mid bass.
I took the boxes out of the front doors already and mounted a set of Infinity 6.5 components but in the back doors (which in my driving position are almost right at my shoulders, or a few inches behind them even) I was thinking about putting in something that required less cutting. I am not against putting a larger speaker in there and if I could fit an 8 I would but that's no possible unfortunately.

So this would be my first of many future questions. A good mid bass woofer in the 4"-6.5" size range.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts