kicker cx1200.1 amp
(gain set with multimeter)

Hybrid audio unity u69 component 6x9s front 3.9ohm
Hybrid Audio imagine i61 6.5" convertable rear 4ohm
arc audio xdi 600.4 amp
(need to set gains and frequencies)

Precision Power 88r DSP

Stock Head Unit...

What i need help with is setting the HP/LP crossover hertz for these speakers on my dsp...

Questions....

The subs have a FS (Hz) of 25.7Hz.. Is that the lowest freq they can hit?

What is the highest Hz you want to send to subs?

My front and rear sets has a freq response chart... images attached. please explain what info i get from this and how it helps me...

What do i set my amp settings to so that i have a flat sound when tuning with the DSP?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have...

2 sundown SD3 10s 2ohm
kicker cx1200.1 amp
(gain set with multimeter)

Hybrid audio unity u69 component 6x9s front 3.9ohm
Hybrid Audio imagine i61 6.5" convertable rear 4ohm
arc audio xdi 600.4 amp
(need to set gains and frequencies)

Precision Power 88r DSP

Stock Head Unit...

What i need help with is setting the HP/LP crossover hertz for these speakers on my dsp...

Questions....

It depends if you are going to install the subs in a ported box or sealed box. If you do a ported box, set the subsonic at the tuning frequency of the box. If you run sealed, set it at 25z.

60-80hz, depending on how low the other speakers can play.

My front and rear sets has a freq response chart... images attached. please explain what info i get from this and how it helps me...

What do i set my amp settings to so that i have a flat sound when tuning with the DSP?
Turn off / down any bass boost setting the amps might have. Also turn all boost off on source.

·
Slowpoke
1,987 Posts

Hiya Zac - good to see you found your way over here.

Fs is free air resonance. They can play below that.

The highest frequency you want to send to subs is the lowest you can get away with. Your midbass/midrange rolloff will dictate the frequency. See next paragraph.

Your FR chart gives you information about frequency vs amplitude in a free-air setting. It gives you clues about where to set crossover points among other things. For your purposes, since you want to know where to set the sub's crossover point, pay attention to where the graph rolls off on the lower end. Based on those, I'd probably try crossing the sub at 80 Hz and fine-tune from there.

The switches on your amps should be set to "Full".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.