DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about setting up 2 sealed boxes loaded with jl 10w7 subwoofers. running off an arc audio 1200.1 . I would like to have the boxes butt to butt with one sub facing forward and one facing backwards in my ford full size van. any suggestions? will this cause any phase issues? i have one 10w7 facing forward in a ported box right now, but the bass is not very defined of course. i am thinking the 2 sealed boxes will do the trick with one facing forward for accuracy and one facing backwards for the extended bass waves. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i am thinking about setting up 2 sealed boxes loaded with jl 10w7 subwoofers. running off an arc audio 1200.1 . I would like to have the boxes butt to butt with one sub facing forward and one facing backwards in my ford full size van. any suggestions? will this cause any phase issues? i have one 10w7 facing forward in a ported box right now, but the bass is not very defined of course. i am thinking the 2 sealed boxes will do the trick with one facing forward for accuracy and one facing backwards for the extended bass waves. Thanks
Facing one sub a different direction won't improve accuracy. If you face the subs back you'll have the sound waves the closest to in phase as possible. Subs facing back right against the rear doors would get you the loudest bass. If it's a concern of saving space then what minbari suggested would be your best bet if you're certain you want to double up on subs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts