DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post. Been doing basic stereos for 20 years or so. Install a head unit, speakers and amps, built a couple enclosures, nothing crazy...

Installed my trusty Alpine from 2007 (working when pulled from last vehicle) into my 2000 Excursion with "Premium" sound.
Powers on, but no sound at all.

Front speakers should run directly off head unit
4 rear speakers run off the RICP, that's another issue.

Stock head unit works fine with all 6 speakers

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check to see if you did not turn off internal amp of the alpine. it's in the settings called IC on/off.
thanks, I'll give that a try. I've unplugged/plugged it in a dozen times, I'd be surprised if it was defaulting to that on initial power-up

but - it's definitely worth a shot and would save me some cash on a new HU that I don't even think my wife will approve.

was looking at the super cheap units at Walmart and realized I really want something with a dedicated sub pre-out and preferably 3 sets if not 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that worked! Power IC was off by default, which was weird.

As a bonus, I get sound out of all 6 speakers, which doesn't make any sense at all either. Or maybe it does. I wonder if I remove the CD changer, will the RICP still get power and send audio to the 4 rears.

The dash is trimmed to fit a double din, so a previous owner may have tied the rears to the head unit at some point. I haven't seen anything in the obvious places though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts