DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
ROCKY TOP
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this evening I reset my gains with a DD1+, everything went fine and got them set. Well I crank up my truck to give it a listen and immediately notice it sounds horrible, and look down and notice my director is not on. So I quickly turn off the truck to diagnose the problem, i immediately notice my dsp.3 is not turning off even though truck is off. I recycle back to accessory and dsp.3 stays on but now amps want come on and still no director. So turn truck back off and dsp.3 is still staying on, getting aggervated. So I remove my dsp.3 and stick in a ms-8, it turns on immediately with no power to truck, turn on accessory and it wont turn my amps on either. Bench test both of them and they work fine and the dsp.3 turns on the director on the bench and turns my bench amp on, so its working correctly. So basically my dsp is turning on with no power, wont turn on my amps on, no fuses are blown, will get multimeter out tomorrow and troubleshoot. I have never had a dsp to just remain on with truck not running. Any ideas guys? Could a speaker short cause this, I dont see how, im just throwing out ideas, but i was thinking maybe i didnt get speaker wire back into amp all the way when i set my gains. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. This is aggervating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ROCKY TOP
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you double check your remote wire is a trigger source? Grasping here.
Yeah its worked for over a year, just decided to set my amps with dd1+ instead of dd1…i am gonna pull everything tomorrow, been wanting to try a new zapco mono amp I have had for a long time, so this will finally give me the initiative to go ahead and get it done….somethings had to short when setting the gains…

·
Registered
961 Posts
I haven’t had the same problem but, one time while tuning (plugging & unplugging RCAs) my MS8 quit playing on the left side.

I had to rerun the acoustic calibration & then everything was fine.

·
Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,360 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and re-try.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
check also: remote in and remote out....Check voltage on remote ... on DSP side and on AMP side

·
ROCKY TOP
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check also: remote in and remote out....Check voltage on remote ... on DSP side and on AMP side
Well guys it looks like I have figured out the problem, and I am honestly shocked! After pulling out the multimeter and hooking back up the dsp I checked the power on the dsp, and my amps and I only had 3.46 to 4 volts. Well i checked remote in wire seperately and it has 12 volts coming in to it. Well after I eliminated the remote in wire went up to the battery, I had 13.4 volts going in and out of my fuse at the battery so that was fine. Move on back to my fused audison distro and come to find out there is only 3.46 to 4 volts coming out of it. I was absolutely shocked, I checked all the outputs on it and they were all the same. So I guess my audison distro has gone bad. I loved that distro, I am gonna contact electromedia and see if they will replace but I doubt it. I am honestly still shocked. At least I know have a reason to make the changes on my system I have been wanting to now that I have everything pulled.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
^^^ Maybe the dist block can be fixed??
Have you checked all connections for tightness and corrosion??
Or possible a bad fuse??

·
ROCKY TOP
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what voltage is going into the distro block? something further up the chain like a circuit breaker maybe?
No its getting 13.4 volts coming from my fuse at the battery, it was 13.4 into the fuse and out, and it was 13.4 into the distro, but not even 4 coming out…..i just replaced all brand new fuses and cleaned everything….gonna run the power cable straight into amp tomorrow jist to make sure everything is good, which i know it will be…i know the problem is distro related someway

·
Registered
234 Posts
check resistance from where power goes in and comes out. See if it’s actually the distro

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
That is VERY weird... if the screws properly tighten, then double check those fuses again cuz they're likely "Hecho in China"...even if the ohm out properly, MIGHT be the quality of the metal.

Super curious to see where this all goes.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Distro block by itself can not go bad since it is only a piece of metal, check if all connections are well tighten down, replace all fuses with new ones, make sure the contact is clean and everything is well tightened down, I would also cut off small portion of cable away and terminate it again, ....
Sometimes fuses looks and measures OK, but under the higher load they fail to perform as they should. Also if contacts are not clean, you can face motorboating problem, and in such cases voltage drops like in your case well under operating voltage of the components.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts