DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I'am a student and after squeezing out all my saved dimes, I bought a Hyundai i10 with a modest setup consisting :

Kenwood 6043UB
Infinity 6030CS components in front.
Infinity coaxials in the back..
Basslink I

The components and coaxials are connected to the hu directly..
I am looking for an entry level 4 channel amp which can power a sub in the future and run the front channel..

the cheapest entry level 4 channel amps in my area are :

Kenwood M846
Auditor RIP 4280
JBL GT-X646

I am more leaning towards the kenwood but probably its because of the looks :laugh:

I want an amp which is reliable and good sounding.

My installer said that all entry level amps will sound same, irrespective of the brand, So here I am , please Help me audio guru's..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Friends,

I'am a student and after squeezing out all my saved dimes, I bought a Hyundai i10 with a modest setup consisting :

Kenwood 6043UB
Infinity 6030CS components in front.
Infinity coaxials in the back..
Basslink I

The components and coaxials are connected to the hu directly..
I am looking for an entry level 4 channel amp which can power a sub in the future and run the front channel..

the cheapest entry level 4 channel amps in my area are :

Kenwood M846
Auditor RIP 4280
JBL GT-X646

I am more leaning towards the kenwood but probably its because of the looks :laugh:

I want an amp which is reliable and good sounding.

My installer said that all entry level amps will sound same, irrespective of the brand, So here I am , please Help me audio guru's..
How about something used that isn't so entry level? I bought an Elemental Designs NINe.2 for 55.00 like brand new shipped to my door. You could run one to the front stage and bridge one to a sub later down the road? I'm sure there are other amps you can snag just as cheaply, just troll the hell out of ebay and caco.

·
Registered
72 Posts
not available in my area.. :(
Man you might want to check out Woofersetc, Sonicelectronix, ebay, etc. for some more variety in amp selection if you have to go new.

If you buy carefully, I still say go used amps. If you buy from somebody with stellar feedback on one of the forums via paypal you won't get burned, and if you do, you will be covered.

I'd take a couple of ED NINe.1's over anything new entry level out there, and I bet you could find 2 near mint examples if you look a little bit.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would have to recommend the Precision Power Phantom line of amplifiers... Good clean power at a great price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@dragonxwas : i see you are from India too. in the above list i would choose Auditor RIP! thats what has been advised by many [on other Indian forums].
on the other hand try ebay global buy option on ebay.in. you might get some good options there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you're on a budget, look at the brand name - you can't go wrong with an Alpine or Kenwood. Any chance on saving a few more dimes and getting yourself a 5-channel? Alpine's MRC-V60 is $399. I've got a PDX-5 in my wife's car and it's an excellent 1 amp system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys, I went with the kenwood after some good guys told me to stay off the treble blasting auditor..

@dragonxwas : i see you are from India too. in the above list i would choose Auditor RIP! thats what has been advised by many [on other Indian forums].
on the other hand try ebay global buy option on ebay.in. you might get some good options there.
yeah, I know, but I preferred the kenny over auditor.. btw we are gearhead buddies.. :p guess who..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you guys, I went with the kenwood after some good guys told me to stay off the treble blasting auditor..

yeah, I know, but I preferred the kenny over auditor.. btw we are gearhead buddies.. :p guess who..
lol!! now whose that!!!? :) [advantages of using same handle!!]

and if u don't wanna go for auditor i would vote for kenny! by the way whats ur budget?

edit: never mind .. u've selected kenny! all the best :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts