DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this is my first post. I have a little bit of knowledge about car audio. I'm always looking to learn more every chance i get.

I have an audiobahn A4002T amp that I am wanting to use to power some components. The components I want to go with are Pioneer ts-d1720c.(haven't gotten them yet).

I have heard that over powering speakers is ok. I am unclear of how much is too much tho. The comp. are rated 60w RMS and the amp puts out 100w rms. is this amp too much for those components?

thanks in advance for any advise

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've heard those Pioneer components are quite good. The amplifier is an unknown. Assuming they're both in good working condition that combination should be fine. Due to the dynamic nature of music, the power required varies from a few watts to 10-20 times that amount. It depends greatly on the way your music is recorded and how much it's compressed if you're listening to digital copies.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Audiobahn amps are horrible for sound clarity. Plus they tend to overheat.

All of that is true with that music mumbo jumbo. Without a clean amp it will magnify the imperfections.

These are the brands I recommend for starters: alpine, high end kenwood, Boston acoustic, ppi, Jl, Memphis.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Audiobahn amps are horrible for sound clarity. Plus they tend to overheat.

All of that is true with that music mumbo jumbo. Without a clean amp it will magnify the imperfections.

These are the brands I recommend for starters: alpine, high end kenwood, Boston acoustic, ppi, Jl, Memphis.
high end kenwood? according to their website all they have is kac- amps

·
Registered
699 Posts
Id recommend the JBL GTO608C over the pioneers, and if you are in the market for a different amp(personally I think the autobahns are complete garbage but some like them) I would go with the new JBL EZ series amps.. these things are badass. You could do somthin like the 3ez and drive the components from 2 channels and a sub from the 3rd.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Forgot about kenwood putting everything in one line my bad! Excelon was their old line. Pretty musch any kenwood amp is good As for the Rockford prime. They have power but are muddy. General rule of thumb is normally costs about a $1 a watt. That is normally how you can help judge how good the amp is. The closer you get to that price the better it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i would like to get another amp but, right now I don't have the funds. so, i need to stick with that amp.

the jbl ez series does look pretty nice tho. i do plan on adding a sub in the future.

i'll take look at those jbl's. i was also looking at the polk db6501.

which ones would be the better choice, jbl gt0608c, polk db6501, or the pioneer ts-d1720c?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts