DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to build a new system from deck to subs and would like some input.

Its a 20ft open bow. Ive been looking into the polk audio 6.5 db series as well as the mm's. Im wondering if the mm's are worth it for double the price or if the dbs would be fine. Im also wondering if 4 6.5's would be loud enough or if I need 2 7s or 7.7. Would a different brand be better?

HU Pioneer dEH-x6900bt??

For the sub I have been looking at sundown audios Ev3 10 as I can get one for $$87. My only concern is it being a paper pressed cone being in a wet environment. I could build it into a dry location but then would loose some db tto it being confined.

For amps, Ive been looking into 5 channels, Polks D5000.5, Nvx jad900.5,hifonics brutus, ppi, would really like a pg1300 if I could find one. Is a 5 channel my best bet or a bgger 4 channel bridged? Would like the option of having a bass knob for the times with the little ones on the boat.

I kinda like the idea of nvx Bluetooth capabile amp, however I don't know what I would need in terms of audio control on my phone or similar device to run it.

Im not looking to be the loudest boat, but would like to be able to crank the volume under way and have it sound good as well as having it turned up on the sandbar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found this project very impressive and promising. I'm not good about the best audio for boats but it should be of best quality of sound.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm no pro by any means, pushing one amp for the whole system would create a lot of stress for just one amp., I would suggest getting 2 amps, and class D so the electrical wont be so hard on it. anything that you bridged in to 2 ohm load will need more power to push them to its limits, but you will be limited on the amp as well.

I had polks in my car before and really enjoyed them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts