DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm trying to power my front stage components (Alpine SPS-600c with 1" tweeters) with an Alpine MRV-T420 that my brother let me have. I have an alpine Powerpack connected to the HU which is an Alpine CDE-121 which has this preamp output disclaimer...

"Installation Note: This receiver's preamp outputs are intended for subwoofers only. This Alpine won't work with wiring harnesses or OEM adapters that require a receiver with preamp outputs."

I'll be using the sub outputs for a Fi IB315 anyways. So I've done some searching around and everything points to a LOC, which I would connect to the front speaker wires. I'm trying to avoid upgrading the HU or buying an Audiocontrol LC2i (or anything more extravagant/expensive) as it's REALLY pushing my budget for this audio upgrade. In the future I plan on replacing the HU that has more capabilities. BUT as or now I'm looking at:

MetraAmazon.com: Metra AX-ALOC648 4-Channel 80-Watt Adjustable Line Output Converter: Automotive

Stinger http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGN13-Adjustable-Output-Converter/dp/B001JQ147M/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1336935886&sr=1-8

PAC Amazon.com: PAC SNI-35 Adjustable 2-Channel Line Out Converter: Automotive

and maybe this David Navone product that's gotten some hype from other forums? N-RHL2 - BEST LOC IN THE WORLD!! - $24.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I'm open to all suggestions. Trying to keep under ~$30 please. Thank you for the time and help

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any suggestions? I read some more and Dave Navone and PAC LOCs are getting the most hype. Can anyone give some insight as to which is a better product?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes you need to remove the PowerPack

It is not a good idea to take the signal from the Headunit, amplify it, then reduce it for another amp.

Remove the Powerpack before you do anything else

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes you need to remove the power pack for atleast that channel. Run a line before you get to the power pack is another way to avoid taking it out for all channels.

You could also get an all in one since you do not want to get rid of the stock look.. i have an MS8 that would work real well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response crispin. Since the powerpack would still be amplifying the rear speakers can I just put in the LOC before the powerpack for the front speakers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pimpnyou thanks for the response (we posted at the same time lol). And I'll just run the LOC before the powerpack for the front speakers, and leave the other 2 channels to the rear speakers alone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But does anyone have any experience with the PAC or Navone LOC products that could give any insight to their performance? I've seen the Navone graphs on here that show it drops off in the bass region, but since it wouldn't be used for those frequencies, is it still the better product??

·
Registered
230 Posts
pimpnyou thanks for the response (we posted at the same time lol). And I'll just run the LOC before the powerpack for the front speakers, and leave the other 2 channels to the rear speakers alone
Yes I would splice into the line before the power pack. Simplest way.

·
Registered
230 Posts
But does anyone have any experience with the PAC or Navone LOC products that could give any insight to their performance? I've seen the Navone graphs on here that show it drops off in the bass region, but since it wouldn't be used for those frequencies, is it still the better product??
I have heard about the bass drop but since you say you wont be using it for that i wouldnt worrry about it. I have used other products they sell and their ok. Sat on the phone with a rep from PAC for about an hour so they do have great CS so i would give it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts