DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Im in the process of putting together a sound system that consist of Image Dynamics XS-65 components and an IDQ12v3D4 subwoofer. I was considering the Image Dynamics i5800 5 channel amplifier and going with the following configuration.... bridging the first four channels giving me 180 x 2 rms for the xs components then running the subwoofer at 2 ohms giving me 400 x 1 rms.

What do you guys think of this, any other ideas or suggestion?

I already have the speakers and subwoofer so im mainly looking for a good SQ amplifier. Im not to conserned with being the loudest, I just want a good clean front stage with a clean sounding subwoofer. I also ould like the budget for the amplifier to be aprox under $400. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
If you have well ventilated space to install a large 5-channel amplifier, I don't see why this wouldn't work. However, when looking for a 5-channel amplifier, I'd prefer one with a Class D subwoofer section, which will hopefully run cooler should you consider to play your subwoofer a little loud sometimes, instead of pure Class A/B on all channels amplifier. Kicker and Boston Acoustics have some hybrid 5-channel amps roughly in the same price range. Another possibility to consider is pure Class D amplifiers, such as Alpine MRX and PDX series, which come in a neat small packages that are easier to place in vehicles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts