DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a prefab Atrend box for my birthday. Underseat box for 2004+ F150 Supercrew. Duak 10" box, 0.69 cu.ft per chamber, maximum mounting depth listed as 5.5" (I measure closer to 5.25", but I could always put a small baffle if needed). I already have an Alpine MRD-M1000 amp which outputs 1000w RMS @ 2 ohms.

So what I'm looking for would be a 10" sub that is around 500w rms, have a mounting depth of 5.5" or below and will give a good mix of SQ and SPL in a .69cu.ft. box. Also on the cheap :)

I've been playing around with WinISD and have read over and over that for best SQ you want a QTC as close to 0.707 as possible. But in looking at the graphs, I have one with 0.752 and one with 0.759 that the lines look completely different. I guess I just don't fully understand what I'm looking at on that graph.

I've inputed the following:
Image Dynamics ID10v3 d2
Alpine SPS-1023d
Infinity Kappa 102.7
Clarion WQ2510d2
Clarion PXW1051

To me it looks like the Infinity will play much lower than the rest without a major peak, but it's not the closest of the group to .707

Here's a screenshot

Does anybody have suggestions on which sub I should use? I'm open to anything, mainstream brand or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the Titans are 6.25" deep, so that won't go. When I punch in the specs of the dayton HO into WinISD with a 0.69 cu. ft. box I get a QTC of .551 and the -3db point is at 64hz. Seems like a big drop-off in the lower frequencies. This thing seems optimized for extreme small boxes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts