DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, i basicly went on a shopping spree and purchased a bunch of Zapco equipment and now im a little torn as to how would be the best sounding way to hook it all up.

The vehicle is a 2002 corvette Z06 i Usually listen to rock and metal, with a good piano solo thrown in there every now and again.
HU: Kenwood DNX 8120
Fronts: Zapco Ck16.2
Rears: none
Amps
Zapco Ag1000 250x2, 900x1 at 4 ohms
2 Zapco AG200, 50x2 or 190x1 at 4 ohms
Zapco DC500.1 500x1
Zapco DC350.2 100x2

and a zapco CW-12 sub

The origional plan was to use the dc500 for the sub and the dc350 for the front running passive, But not im now torn between using 2 Ag200's and running passive up front (one for each). Will the dc350's DSP be more accurate along with the ck16.2's x-over or is it even possible to trick the kenwood in to splitting the front/rear in to a left right and use the DSP there and run passive?

Also thinking of trading up the dc500 for a dc1100 if anyone has one to trade. as you can see ill have few extras to throw in as well.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
If anyone ever asks why in the hell anyone would need to physically draw a system diagram.....this thread os a good example of why doing so would be a good point to start.

First thing I would do is start by laying out a signal path and determine how I best fit all the equipment into the layout. Then purge out anything unnecessary. The diagram would help us understand at least one approach and assist us with offering alternatives. It would also help pair amps and drivers.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your asking if you should use the AGs and run active or just put the fronts on dc350.2 and run the passives and take advantage of the processing in the amp, I'd personally get rid of the AG and buy another DC amp.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Or get rid of the DC amps and get a DSP6-SL, but that's probably going to be more money in the end and you have another piece into install in your signal chain.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have to agree. Get rid of the AG stuff, get another DC amp (or 2) and go full active. If you like to play it loud, I would go for getting more power to the midbass than the 100 x 2. The zapcos midbass are not efficient.

Full active with DC amps will give you time alignment, equalization, and crossovers for each individual speaker. It also gives you independent level control for each individual speaker. Tuning flexibility is paramount to maximizing your sound quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts