DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Help decide front stage mids

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Adurm 
#1 ·
Going into a vw sportwagen. Have a pair of each 6.5 and not sure which to run. Hertz hv165L or focal polyglass v33 165. I have 100w to feed each location with. Running cdt unity 7.5 widebands for 500ish hz and up.
Thinking of running the lesser of the woofers in the rear doors 300 to 2500hz. Have a bit one to process. Or could put some coax in the rear. Please don't beat me for thinking rear fill. My head is pretty much at the B pillar and i did miss no rear fill in my last vw. Sorry these are just screen shots. Oh there will be a 10 inch image dynamics in the mix and a total of 7 channels of power (4 channel bridges to the widebands). Thank you for reading and your comments!

Camera lens Automotive tire Font Line Material property
Product Font Material property Gas Automotive tire

See less See more
#5 ·
From what I see the focal would benefit from a higher HP than the standard 80hz. It likes that 100hz range in the graph and not as much of the lower.

So in agreement I like the hertz for your midbass. High enough QTS to work decently, xmax, etc.

I'm not someone that really likes doing an 80hz crossover for my vehicles anyways. I've gotten better results 100+ depending on driver's side nulls and subwoofer integration. Also keeps xmax from becoming as much of an issue.

Let us know how you like the unity 7.5s

The U8s are well received here so it'd be nice to hear some more feedback from that line.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks guys. It's decided. Hertz for the main, focal in the back bandwidth and volume limited. Might look into the l-r stuff down the line. I can't wrap my head around it and how it's beneficial over having no rears at all. Smarter people than i figured it out so i shouldn't doubt its functionality. Probably going to have a pro tune it. I'll let you know how the unity 7.5 go. It won't look pretty. Painting or wrapping some pvc end pieces.ugh. Ain't got the time, money or skill for pillar fab.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. It's decided. Hertz for the main, focal in the back bandwidth and volume limited. Might look into the l-r stuff down the line. I can't wrap my head around it and how it's beneficial over having no rears at all. Smarter people than i figured it out so i shouldn't doubt its functionality. Probably going to have a pro tune it. I'll let you know how the unity 7.5 go. It won't look pretty. Painting or wrapping some pvc end pieces.ugh. Ain't got the time, money or skill for pillar fab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.