DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need help deciding now on which 3way component to use, I bought the Oz matrix elite 3 way awhile back base on peoples good judgment, and now I ran into some bravox 3 way also, they also seem very well made in quality. Now I need to sell one set to fund the other ones install, does anyone have any thoughts or comparison between the two? A little info, my set up will be ran active with two audio art 200.2(mid-bass,mid) and one audio art 100ms(tweeter). My concern also is that the bravox 3way doesnt require much power even with the passive crossover, so my active setup may seem too overpowering. On the other hand, Im sure the oz matrix elite 3way can handle it since most people say they need more power. Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Heres a picture for comparison..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Listen to both...I bet they are comparable. The Bravox speakers I heard sounded amazing. Very laid back, non fatiguing speakers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just recently tested both sets with an active processor and audio art amps, the oz on driver side and bravox on passenger, I was amazed how loud the bravox got compared to the oz, it seemed like the bravox required less power to get loud when the oz was still asking for more, the bravox in my opinion has a very strong mid range-high range kick similar to that of pro audio concert speakers while the oz were smooth and mellow, the mid-bass on both sets seemed the same and does what it is suppose to do, however the mid/highs on both sets were worlds apart, given that they had equal power and equal filteration, the processor however could have been better, but it got the job done, i'm sure the oz could be louder with more power and tuning, but it was just a quick comparison test. Not to mention, the cosmetic on the bravox is just plain sexy. Both sets are great from what i see in peoples reviews, but i'm not too sure yet which one i want to part, i need more opinions before choose.

the processor i used

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
wow that brings back some memories. I used to sell those when I worked rat shack.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I would go for the speakers that sounded better. power is cheap and volume knobs turn very easy ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@estione, I just didnt want to turn away from the oz too quick because alot of people say good thing about them, maybe someone will be able to tell me what I'm not doing right with them?? Or maybe theres some secret?

X)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@estione, I just didnt want to turn away from the oz too quick because alot of people say good things about them, maybe someone will be able to tell me what I'm not doing right with them?? Or maybe theres some secret?

X)

·
Registered
187 Posts
The secrets in your own ears my friend, trust yourself, Play and tweak as much as poss you will know what will be right for YOU as everyone has a different opinion

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
this was in like early 90's, they were $120 if I remember right. ratshack stuff was not very cheap, although performance wise, i never cared for them.

I still have 2 ratshack 25W x 2 amplifiers. they are not too bad for free :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts