DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

Ive been out of car audio for quite some time and I have a 987.2 cayman[ with the dreaded bose] with the setup (1" tweet.....4" mid (door)..8" sub (door) (if you want to call it that). I see a number of recommendations from other threads but I was curious does anyone know of any decent 3 way sets that will drop in. I see what some others have done but I dont have the cash to have a shop do it and i was trying to stray from having to fabricate adapters however I am open to purchasing them.

I have the following in my possession
HU: Kendwood 9705S
Amps: Alpine PDX 4 channel/NVX 5 channel and an alpine PDX Mono

Personally id prefer to stay passive and i do see some interesting finds in the classifieds

I see CDT is having a sale on the chrome lineup so there 3 way is within my price range but i cant find a 4->3" adapter

1) Can anyone point me to a good 3 way set (whether individual drivers/parts or altogether like CDT)
2) If the CDT is a good way to go can someone point me to the speaker adapters?

thank in advance folks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure about budget, but I really like my Morel's. I have the hybrid 602s and added the elate 3.5" mids to make my own 3-way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the morel coaxials (the hybrids) in my last car and they were excellent. budget is roughly $600 for the speakers ((tweeters/woofers/mids etc) did you use an adapter for the 3,5s?

idk why but im having the hardest time trying to find a 4->3" speaker reducer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i mistook the vehicle hahaha yeah in my luck the door have the space for a 4" but the mid is a 3" from the 3way kits im seeing thus the reducer

·
Registered
743 Posts
depending on budget i have used dynaudio esotec 372 in the front with great results, if you want the best use the esotar mid and mid bass with the esotec 102. i have all ins stock at smoking deals, email [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts