DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I want to have a 3-way set-up for the front of my vehicle. I plan to use an Alpine 9835 source and a Esoteric E7054 for the front-end and a E7152 for the subwoofer.

I would like to install the tweeter and midrange in the kickpanels and the midbass in the factory doors. The Midbass should play down pretty low.

Any help would be great !

J

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, I do not know you're taste and situation spacewise, but I can recommend a great 3 way as far as what I've experienced through hours of research through the knowledge of peoples experiences with them.

I would recommend this setup with all components being good at what they do at THEIR capabilities, frequency wise.

1- LCY 110 tweeters..... Ribbon tweets with an incredible clear sound. #1 on many peoples list! http://www.diymobileaudio.com/shop/...id=29&osCsid=4868ec6f67c800e12c4b134247ce9004

2- Seas Excel W15CY-001 midrange....Midrange woofers to go with your tweets in the kick panels. These are known for their midrange capabilities. Top notch! The 5.5" model is a better midrange choice over the 7" if playing solely midrange frequencies (300Hz-2.5K) If going 2 way, then get the Seas Excel W22 to play lower, better.
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=8253489.19147&pid=985

3- Peerless XLS 8".... These bad boys are awesome at 30Hz up to around 200Hz. Only if being used in a 3 way as a dedicated midbass driver. MUCH better low end SQ than the Excels, although the Excels STILL can drop! If depth is a problem, FIND A WAY! Also, a great value for the money! Only about $140 a pair.
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=8253489.19147&pid=1581

Dampened the life out of your doors, install some egg crate foam in the doors, with clay behind the drivers and baffles and feed them good power since all the components listed are 8 ohm. All but the Excels are very efficient, so the 8 ohm thing isnt that much of a big deal at all considering the trade off of superior quality.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm kinda surprised you're asking for help, I figured it'd be the other way around :D

What kind of stuff have you listened to in the past?

I'm planning on going with MB Quart QSD tweeters and Phaze Audio Tube Driver mids.

Maybe consider the QSD210 components, then pick out a suitable midbass that will work well of 50 watts.

Or you can get another E/D7054, bridge one of them for a pair of Midbass', and use the other one to power a set of DIY speakers active.

·
Registered
415 Posts
passive mid/tweeter front stage and active midbass..?

Alpine SPX-107R + SPX17MB midbass.

Since the mid and tweet are so close, you wont have to do much tuning inbetween them, but whatever tuning you will need, the SPX passive-xovers are extremly flexable with xover points and slopes (for a passive xover)..

SPX17 midwoofers gives my SEAS L18's a good run in terms of output and lowend extension for a 6.5" woofer with only 2.8" of mounting depth! (L18 is 7" dia. with 3.125 depth) very close! < as long as your install is up to par...

The Alpine 9835 will be able to handle to tuff part of getting the mids+tweets in the kicks to blend with the midbasses in the doors and supply most of the tunning youll ever need (daily).

IMO,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.