1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this is for a 3 way front stage i already have:
tweet: seas neo with Ti cone
mid-bass: L22RN4X/P (8" aluminium cone)

so i need a mid to fit in their, im trying my damnedest to find something myself but am losing the war.
im looking at the L12RCY/P but i fear it's to big (4.7"), that's the only reason i've not picked it up yet, ideally i want a 4" aluminum cone, but maybe the .7" won't really matter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You want a nice 4" speaker?? Check out Hybrid-audio.com You will find a L4 speaker that will be great. Check them out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
why not seas lotus mids that happen to pop up in classifieds, or even excels?
remember we exchanged some pms on cca a while ago.

where is the midrange gon be installed?

·
Registered
727 Posts
probably, bro. why are you trying to sell stuff to people? you damn pushy, just like the diyma's you forced me into. selling stuff to people, no wonder you ride chrysler on chrome. :D :p (cuz if you didn't give us any good deals, you'd be ballin in a hammer on chrome by now)

btw i didn't quite like L12s. :( i'm just too spoiled sorry.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts
At the price of the RS100, they are hard to beat, I think they are worth 3-4 time the asking price, or the Peerless 830986 if you can found a pair. Both metal cones since that is what you are looking for.

The L4 are just crazy if you wanted to go with a paper cone or the Scan 12m, but neither is cheap.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dayton RS52 dome mid is a good driver for this sort of application too, saying the 8" will go high enough to mate with it pretty easily, and the dome will play high enough that you can cross the tweeter over higher and stress it much less.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, weren't you the guy I tried to sell my L12RCY/P's to? on CCA?
ya, and i am still considering yours if they are still around, yours are the ones i referenced in my initial post, other than that their was the focal k2 4" on cca, but i'd like to stay with the metallic cone throughout im just afraid of beaming with the larger cone (i don't know how on axis they will be mounted), as long as somebody can just tell me im crazy or maybe theirs a 4" metallic cone out their.

my current idea for mounting is beside the tweet somewhere on/near the A-pillar/dash and the 8" will be down in the doors or maybe in front of them if possible

actually now that i just looked up those RS100, they fit what im looking for near perfectly, aluminum 4" cone w/phaseplug for cheap :D

and the excels, scan's and hybrids are for the most price far out of my price range, even used :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
that's cool, the good folks here will certainly find you right driver.
ya, and i am still considering yours if they are still around, yours are the ones i referenced in my initial post, other than that their was the focal k2 4" on cca, but i'd like to stay with the metallic cone throughout im just afraid of beaming with the larger cone (i don't know how on axis they will be mounted), as long as somebody can just tell me im crazy or maybe theirs a 4" metallic cone out their.

my current idea for mounting is beside the tweet somewhere on/near the A-pillar/dash and the 8" will be down in the doors or maybe in front of them if possible

actually now that i just looked up those RS100, they fit what im looking for near perfectly, aluminum 4" cone w/phaseplug for cheap :D

and the excels, scan's and hybrids are for the most price far out of my price range, even used :(

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts

You will be very happy with if you decide use them, they perform way above their price range. One more thing is, they are more of a 3.5" then a 4".

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
why not seas lotus mids that happen to pop up in classifieds, or even excels?
remember we exchanged some pms on cca a while ago.

where is the midrange gon be installed?
Thats actually a great idea. There are 2 sellers right now with pairs of rm110's for sale...for reasonable prices too.
If I were you, I'd go snatch up a pair. :D

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts
i think BUWALDA got this kid to come on here to promote. pretty lame if you ask me. on every new " what speaker should i get" thread, this jackass trumps up his sale pitch.

lame....

Man, you guys are hard:D. If the guy likes the speakers he likes them and its nothing wrong with recommending them as many times as he likes plan and simple, shooting the man for having an opinion, come on now. As much as people say they like them, there is someone in a post saying that they do not.

Its true that the HAT are not to everyone taste in music reproduction, but to say Scott put this guy up to posting/promoting his line is a little bit fare out to me:eek::rolleyes:. Don't think he needs to do that, he sales enough of them as is and the drivers have proved themselves in every country they are sold in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts