DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to join this forum because there are a lot of people here with a vast amount of knowledge and experience with some of the stuff I'm interested in.

I've spent several hours reading about the latest double dins with navigation, and am still unsure whether I want to purchase one or keep my Alpine CDA 9813. Every double din with nav seems to have several negatives and at this point, I have no idea which would be the best to purchase.

The most important things that I'm looking for in the head unit are (most important to least important)
1. Sound Quality
2. XM Radio
3. Navigation
4. Blue Tooth
5. Backup camera
6. I don't have an iPod and I don't plan on using Pandora or anything like that as I'm old school and just listen to XM and CDs.

My car is a 2002 Camaro SS and I would like a great navigation unit, and not have to sacrifice sound quality, or ease of operation while driving. It is surely impossible to have the best of everything, but if someone can offer suggestions, I would appreciate it. Like I said, I'm old school, so Alpine has always been a name that has stuck in my head as being the best, and my HU is almost 10 years old. The sound stage is pretty darn good, but I'm looking to see if there is something better, and with navigation. I don't know all the technical information about a lot of stuff, I just have a good ear and know what sounds good and what doesn't, and if spending a lot on a new HU, it must have great navigation. The end. :D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts