DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Its a toss up between the AF GB 25 or 40 and the Scanspeak 11M or 12MU
They're all good drivers and you can't go wrong with any of them. It just depends on the install locations that will be used, and the other drivers that they'll be paired with. The 12MU is the top dog out of those IMO, but again, I think you'd be blown away by any of them if they are installed and tuned properly.

Before I saw your last post I was going to suggest these Scan-speak 10F drivers that were OEM'd for Thiel. It looks like some are still available at Madisound for $53 each. Quite the deal. Link in the following thread....

HOT DEALS - Scanspeak/Thiel 10F

EDIT: Was typing while Nick posted his thoughts. I concur, but I did at least mention that it was location-dependent and enclosure-dependent. ;)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Whos a waste time??? Me???
I sincerely hope your confused.
There was a misunderstanding, posts were retracted. Nick and I disagree on the usefulness of the GB40 for your 3-way, partially because I didn't realize your midwoofers were under the seat, and partially because I think the GB40 has a purpose, but not in a 3-way. It got weird, we made peace.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Im a little confused but.....
Whatever.
I'll m sure all of those midranges are good and in the end, it will come down to the ease/cost of installation.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well, if that post was concerning me...
As I explained from day 1 (where I posted my car and equipment), I havent been involved in car audio for almost 20 years. I have, in my closet, many thosands of dollars worth of equipment, as MANY people have!
As to not waste anyones time, and in an effort to either PUT UP, or SHUT UP, I decided id come here to DIYMA first and put some feelers out. Simple!
Im not here to waste ANYONES TIME! That is simply not who I am. When theres this much money being thrown at a CAR stereo, I think its wise to do a fair amount of research BEFORE even walking into an higher end custom installation shop.
Im sure many people can understand this, and for those who dont. I cannot help you.

·
Registered
17,760 Posts
Well, if that post was concerning me...
As I explained from day 1 (where I posted my car and equipment), I havent been involved in car audio for almost 20 years. I have, in my closet, many thosands of dollars worth of equipment, as MANY people have!
As to not waste anyones time, and in an effort to either PUT UP, or SHUT UP, I decided id come here to DIYMA first and put some feelers out. Simple!
Im not here to waste ANYONES TIME! That is simply not who I am. When theres this much money being thrown at a CAR stereo, I think its wise to do a fair amount of research BEFORE even walking into an higher end custom installation shop.
Im sure many people can understand this, and for those who dont. I cannot help you.
you're fine lol. I'm just pointing out the problem with forums as a whole when trying to get help.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My mi
There was a misunderstanding, posts were retracted. Nick and I disagree on the usefulness of the GB40 for your 3-way, partially because I didn't realize your midwoofers were under the seat, and partially because I think the GB40 has a purpose, but not in a 3-way. It got weird, we made peace.
Midwoofers under the seat? I assume you mean way far down in the doors.
The midbass im planning on doing in either the door or kickpanels. Whichever is more time/cost effective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
Im looking for ideas on a 4-5 inch midrange. Ideally Id like to spend no more $300.00 for the pair. Ive seen some on madisound like Scanspeak, Peerless, Satori etc...
Ive seen the Audiofrog GB25 +40, theyre real nice but a little pricey, but not completely out of the question. Ive seen one by Hybrid Audio thats looks reasonable...
Id just like to get a little input from as many people as possible so as to not miss something that could be special. Many thanks.
Hello,
If you can extend your budget to somewhere near $550, I suggest you to go with Audible Physics Ganesha Co-axial Fullrange, with a built-in Tweeter. This comes with a XO between the Mid & the Tweets. You can play both active as well.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Hello,
If you can extend your budget to somewhere near $550, I suggest you to go with Audible Physics Ganesha Co-axial Fullrange, with a built-in Tweeter. This comes with a XO between the Mid & the Tweets. You can play both active as well.
$300 to $550 is a BIG jump. You've got to back that up with Full T/S Specs including xmax/xmech and Le along with 0/30/60 FR measurements with Impedance and Distortion plots, please...for both drivers.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Audible Physics Ganesha Co-axial Fullrange
^Thanks, Looks great! Send a pair my way. ;) Where are these available in the U.S.?

What's the SPL @ 1w/1m for the Tweeter?...

That's my only concern with these types of co-axial drivers with small tweeters similar to the Illusion C3-CX.

Is the midrange available without the concentric tweeter...perhaps a phase plug instead???

Any Distortion measurements for both the midrange and tweeter?

What are the Crossover slope(s) and Orders for the passive Crossovers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
/\ /\ /\
Some fat loser, living in his folk's basement, pretending to be a girl, and posting stupid things on a Car Audio site.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts