DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I signed up for this forum because it seems like the perfect place to get some advice on my first ever audio build.

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited, with the Infinity system.

I will be entirely removing the infinity system (front and rear doors), and stock head unit, and replacing it all with aftermarket gear.

So far, this is the equipment I have been gearing towards:

Head Unit: PIONEER DEH-X4900BT
Amp: Pioneer GM-D9605 (2000 watt)
Speakers (Front, Rear): JBL GTO638 6.5" - 6.75" 360W 3 Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers
Sub: PIONEER TSSWX2502 10-Inch (300 watt)

4 gauge wire for amp install kit
12 gauge wire for speakers

Does this sound like a working setup? I've been reading about electrical specs all night, and I figured it's finally time to ask for help haha.

Lastly, I apologize if I broke any rules with regards to this post, and will not be offended if it's pointed out to me. Thanks in advance for all the help :)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
that is a perfectly respectable usable set up, you could get awat with 14 gauge speaker wire if its a good bit cheaper..very solid plan imo.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My first shallow mount subs were two 12" Pioneer ts-sw3001's and I absolutely loved them. Really opened my eyes to how good a shallow sub could sound.

I hope you enjoy yours!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious why you are going with a three-way coaxial for the front? Where is your stock mids and tweeter locations now?
I don't have a major reason for going with those speakers, but I'm not sure if I would be able to connect new tweeters (in the stock location) on the dash, based on me being unsure how to even do that haha.

Tweeters are on the dash, and mids are in the doors pretty low.

I am sure putting aftermarket tweeters in is the way to go, and not having them on the door speakers, but if the door speakers had my only tweeters, I'd want the speakers I chose right?

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crutchfield does a fair job going into depth on the Liberty specs, can maybe get better idea of whats possible:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yvclx1q3gbW/learn/2002-2007-jeep-liberty-sport.html

Also if you can find a single din radio with digital time alignment I think you could get better sound with an set of passive speakers. Me personally Id keep tweeters in the dash and midbass/midrange in the doors.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KD...n&awnw=g&awcr=47439292465&awdv=m&awug=9008902
What is the benefit of digital time alignment in the head unit?

Would I just daisy chain the tweeters off the door speakers and run them up to the dash?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Because your speakers are not equal distance from your ears, the sound will arrive at different times which can create cancellation and an out of focus sound stage. Time alignment allows you to get the sound to arrive at the same time, which is very beneficial.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because your speakers are not equal distance from your ears, the sound will arrive at different times which can create cancellation and an out of focus sound stage. Time alignment allows you to get the sound to arrive at the same time, which is very beneficial.
I assume this is just a setting that allows me to pinpoint the place I'd like the audio to sync up to (i.e. center of the vehicle, vs driver seat)?

Also, what about the tweeters? How would I connect those to the rest of the system? Daisy chain off the mids?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts