DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a DIYMA troll for sometime now, but the search button is just not giving me what i need, i'm hoping you Audio-nuts can help me out:

Summary: I need help getting the INITIAL crossover settings on (1.) my amps, and (2.) my alpine CDA 9886 / Imprint PXA-h100

Setup in my 2007 Tacoma Access Cab:
Alpine CDA-9886 connected up to a PXA-H100 (Imprint module) running Active" in 3-way mode
Single 10 in a sealed enclosure (down firing)
H.A.T. Unity series 6.5" components
JL 250.1 powering the sub
JL 400.4 (from channels powering the mids, rear channels powering the tweets)

I only today just set the the imprint module up, so i have yet to really do the time alignemnet and eq-ing, but before i blow a speaker, i want to make sure i set the amp gains and crossovers as well as the imprint crossovers correctly, but considering ive never done this before...i'm hoping i can get a little guidance.

I have the amp crossovers for the mids set for high pass around 55-60 hz *the recommended cutoff from the manufacturer* and the the amp settings for the tweets are currently at about 5K hz. I have removed the HAT passive crossover. The gains were set by ear ad also to reduce any system noise.

I'm really just hoping for some advice on how i should cross the mids and highs at the head-unit. Also, should the gains on the tweets and the gains on the mids be set higher at the amp (and or equally) and then tuned down on the head unit? Using the imprint (non-auto calibration), i can tune each mid and tweeter individually as well as together.

Hoping you guys (and gals) can lend a hand to a SQL newbie.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
The HAT's own crossover is 12dB HPF/LPF @ 5.2KHz, so your 5k start point is fine. Experiment with slopes and points going up and down and listening carefully to each setting-whichever sounds best is right. Only do mids and then listen and then only do tweets-so you don't confuse which is making it sound better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts