DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm using a fairly clean setup in my 96 Acura Integra. 2 Eclipse 3620 amps on 2 pairs of MB Quart 218.03cx and I also have a pair of Atomic 6.5c2's manufactured by Focal/JM Labs. In the kicks, I got a pair of MB Quart DKD 110 and a pair of JL Audio XR tweets.

I am not sure what to upgrade too though. I was think of getting some Focal Utopia 4inch and TN 51's for the kicks. I was also thinking of getting some 6 1/2's for my doors. Any ideas on the kicks? I heard Morel makes some good speakers although they are quite expensive.

If I were to sell the speakers in the doors, who would be a good choice to choose from?

Morel, MB Quart, DLS, Scan Speak, Seas, Usher????

What are your personal suggestions and comparisons between these great speakers. Which ones shine above the rest?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Seas Excel, Scan-Speak, and Peerless hds exclusive stand above the rest Imo. But picking a driver is a very personal thing. The most objectively accurate isn't always the most pleasing to everyone's ear.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe I'll try the Lotus SEAS Refrence 6.5inch mid from Mobile SQ for each of my doors. As far as tweeters goes, I am thinking of Scan Speak, I heard that pacparts.com has some alpine/scanspeak tweeters and I am considering those. I'll probably flush them in my doors, cause I really hate the way they look in the A-pillars.

Any idea on what passive crossover I should use for the SEAS Reference mid and the Scanspeak D2904/610001 tweeter? Currently I'm using MB Quart QM 218.03cx crossovers on my mid and my tweets in my doors, will those suffice or should I buy the SEAS crossovers from Mobile SQ and use it for both the tweet and the mid?

Also I have 3 Eclipse 3620 amps. I was thinking of getting a Tru Technology 4channel amp too.

Should I just use the Tru t03 4 channel and not use the Eclipse's? I could wire my front kicks (4" and 1"), both doors (Seas 6.5, Scanspeak tweet) to the 1 side of the amp and then wire my rear component sets to the other side of the Tru amp. Everything would be playing at 2 ohms I think?

Suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.