DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking at these two DD units, still not sure which one to go with. Both have high voltage preouts and decent eq adjustments. Some people have said that Kenwood always has better sound than pioneer. Spec wise you get more for your money in a sleeker GUI with the Pioneer, however I'm really wondering about the SQ. Does anyone have one / compared these two units side by side that can comment. There still don't appear to be any reviews for the Pioneer. I have also heard that it's a lot harder to overide the screen lockout on the pioneer because it has motion sensors or something like that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm still looking at these two DD units, still not sure which one to go with. Both have high voltage preouts and decent eq adjustments. Some people have said that Kenwood always has better sound than pioneer. Spec wise you get more for your money in a sleeker GUI with the Pioneer, however I'm really wondering about the SQ. Does anyone have one / compared these two units side by side that can comment. There still don't appear to be any reviews for the Pioneer. I have also heard that it's a lot harder to overide the screen lockout on the pioneer because it has motion sensors or something like that.

I have been playing with Z110BT for a week now ,very pleased with SQ and other features,the unit is connecting to an Audsion Bitone and Arc SE amps .A good friend of mine used a distortion monitor when tuning my entire system ,he was surprized that there is no distortion shown on the monitor on this unit when outputing max voltage .

Boot time on this unit is about 10~15 seconds for the music ,25 seconds in full operation mode.

Both my Sharp 3G phone and iphone 3GS work great via bluetooth with this unit,loud and clear ,Bluetooth Audio sounds surprisingly good as well .

ipod interface is worlds above anything else out there ,album arts can be shown in 2 sizes

Navigation is spot on ,very accurate ,I haven't used it that much yet ,too many features to mess around.

Radio supports RDS(Radio Data System) which isn't documented in the manual

The onlything I am not satisfied with is the voice control ,it doesn't always recongnize my command.

Other than that , no bugs nor glitches so far ,OS runs very fast ,no lag at all,very solid unit ,Pioneer did a really good job this time on the software ,unlike their older model F series which was a total disaster.

It only takes 10 minutes to hack the lock out ,been running without lockout for a week,no issue at all,check this tread for instruction
http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=25867

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's great info. I found the exact same post myself about the lockout. I'm really thinking about getting this unit now as the 9140 is a bit slow and the gui is not nearly as nice. It's also a chunk more expensive, including the module to do MSN direct.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The bypass on that seems like cake compared to the AVIC-Z2. I had to re-pin a wire in the harness PLUS run some burned disc during startup mode that I'd downloaded. IIRC, I got the hack from AVIC411 as well. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The bypass on that seems like cake compared to the AVIC-Z2. I had to re-pin a wire in the harness PLUS run some burned disc during startup mode that I'd downloaded. IIRC, I got the hack from AVIC411 as well. :)
Yeah,I guess Pioneer did listen to their customers and just made eveyrything a lot easier this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also trying to decide between the 9140, the Z110BT and Eclipse's AVN726E.

The specs for the pioneer show 4v preouts while the Kenwood and Eclipse have 5v. Anyone's opinion on the difference for 1v (in this specific range: 4 to 5)?

Alex, did you look at the Eclipse?

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Alex, did you look at the Eclipse? "

Yes, but it really doesn't seam to be in the same league from an audio point based on everything I've heard. It doesn't have the same kinds of controls nor as good quality DACs. I also don't believe it has voice interaction for GPS or Ipod, not sure about that though.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
"Alex, did you look at the Eclipse? "

Yes, but it really doesn't seam to be in the same league from an audio point based on everything I've heard. It doesn't have the same kinds of controls nor as good quality DACs. I also don't believe it has voice interaction for GPS or Ipod, not sure about that though.
What more do you want then 24 bit DAC's and claimed high quality audio components.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The guy at my local shop was playing up the kenwood hard and saying pioneer was horrible. I am looking for a double din to put in my dodge ram. What do you guys think would be better?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I did some research for the last 3 hours..
Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT
HANDS DOWN seems like the best one. But its not availalbe in canada for another month!!!

Nicest fastest smoothest display. Best Features, and looks easy too use.

Only thing is the GPS Navigation. I have used garmin so I know its good.
But havent seen too much of a demo in that category, so you wont really know till you use it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have come to this conclusion as well, however getting one appears to be a little difficult.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Price, interface, and all the problems it was having when it was first released. I used the 9140 and was not super impressed with the interface, especially at the price point the kenwood is at.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see...I never really messed with the Pioneer so I guess I had no previous knowledge of it. The Nav interface on the Kenwood was what I really liked. Plus the fact that it was updateable thru the USB or CD (like the latest update).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts