DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this baby up for a song and a dance, and she won't sing or dance. It'll power up green, but no sound. I cracked the case and to my dismay I found 2 cracked components. I'm now at a loss I don't know what they are--Mosfet transistors, diode rectifiers????They are black , square, 3 leads off the bottom, metal tab on top, along the edge of the amp. and have the markings----ST 3458-IRFZ 40-MALAYSIA---
They are both cracked in half. I am going to include a picture. What are they and where can I get them, and how hard are they to solder in place? Thanks in advance for any help out there. I'm new round here and I sure could use a hand

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I be able to access these switching FETS? if so from where? any sites you could suggest? Here's comes my little friend again with a question......Ignorance speaks,"How would we check the device driving them?"

I'm really looking to repair this on my own , of course with the help of experienced others, thanks for the fast reply

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
Mouser or Digikey for the parts, IF in doubt replace the driver IC, often times it's fine, if it's not you just wasted the FETs, check the gate resistors if present.

Event hough they are blown the hell up it was an elegant failure in that it does not throw flames when you apply power

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man I have to try to find the FET's and then figure out what the other components are that you are referring to . If all else fails I may have to take another pic and post it and let you point them out to me, but I think I can trace them back from component to component. Big help man!! Big props out you Chad!!

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Why do bad things have to happen to good amps? :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts