DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am very new to this forum so I’m not sure if this thread is in the right place but anyway...

I have just bought a 2009 VW GOLF GT and am trying to swap the subwoofer from my old car into my golf. In my old car I was using an aftermarket stereo so I could connect the sub via the rca outputs on the head unit. In the golf I would like to keep the factory head unit so I purchased an LOC and some quick splice scotch locks. I found a wire diagram for the RCD310 head unit and spliced the left pos, left neg, right pos and right Neg wires from the loc to the rear speaker wires with the scotch locks. I then connected the loc to my subs in built amp with rca leads, however I’m not getting any sound out of the sub.

The amp is connected to the car battery and has a ground, I’ve also connected the remote turn on to the cigaret lighter fuse. The amps power light is on so I know it has power, I’m confused as to why I’m not getting any sound?

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
First thing is get rid of the Scotch LOC splices they dont have the best reputation of actually tapping in to the wire you want to splice into.
I can ask tomorrow what actual wires you need for the signal from a buddy that runs a car stereo install shop to make sure you are tapping the correct ones for you source signal.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Wasn't sure what you meant by LOC till now. There are some amps and I'm not sure if the one in your VW is like this or not but if they don't see a speaker load they mute the output to that line as a protection feature.

Also don't know what LOC you have but most offer some sort of load simulator to put in line to fix this.

Pretty sure I found this in the Audison Bit ten manual about putting a 47ohm 3watt resistor across each output of the factory amp to simulate a load.
Double check that though I'm not 100% on that.

Let me know if you have any luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts