DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am new to this site I came here for some serious sound quality advice.
I have just bought my first car a 2010 jeep jk 4 door diesel I'm not your typical 21 your old I'm always up for a challenge therefore I have chosen to do SQ over your typical teenager anyways cut the crap that's get started.

What I have already purchased/have in my hands

1 (morel6 2 way Elate Limited Edition)

2 (Leviathan first-generation 6 channel hopefully no issues as it has not been used yet

what I want to purchase

1 (rockfordT1500-1bdCP =547 landed in Australia)

2 (morel ULTIMO12 SUBWOOFER 4 ohms)

3 (morel CDM-88

4 (carrozzeria DEH-P01 930 landed in Australia)

5 some decent rca /power cable.

I want to run a 4way active set up I know this is not the easiest thing to do but it's what I want not sure if I want to run them on axis or off axis the factory encloses are already look to be about 4l in the front not too sure
for the highs hopefully I will be able to mount them in the stock location on the dash look at the photos
for the mid-range CDM-88 not sure where the best place would be for those???
for the sub box I think I will go with a sealed box sealed optimal performance at 30 litres 1.059 cubic foot??
for the head unit I am not sure how I'm going to convert the doubled in two single??
the only problem is what am I going to do with the rear speakers mounted on the roof pillar seeming no all my channels will be used up??
edit can't post images in till I get five posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok mate changed it took me a while to work out not sure what it matters but can you give me some advice now thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have seen double din to single din converter kit because the jeep has what looks to be a double din head unit \

I keep having problems with this website keeps on coming up with errors

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hi guys

What is the best way to set up the 4way active in terms of locationalso are the morel CDM-88 a good mid range what I'm looking for is a very natural sound that I can listen to for long periods of time can someone please help I thought they would be heaps of people jumping over this Thread I am serious not here to waste your time thank you

is the morel ULTIMO12 SUBWOOFER 4 ohms a good match for the Elate Limited Edition 6 and how much power does it take to really get the ULTIMO12 sounding sweet will the T1500-1bdCP =1000 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm be too much

and has anyone upgraded from 2way to 3 way with the Elate le6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have I put this in the wrong section why isn't anyone helping me it's been 3 days and still no replies

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I understand that you are anxious to work on your new ride, but you need to prioritize and stick to one topic at a time before anybody can really help you.

Also, punctuation is a good thing. You posts read like you are in a huge hurry, which makes your train of thought difficult to follow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand that you are anxious to work on your new ride, but you need to prioritize and stick to one topic at a time before anybody can really help you.

Also, punctuation is a good thing. You posts read like you are in a huge hurry, which makes your train of thought difficult to follow.
Thank you Chaos for telling me where I have gone wrong I'm sorry that I haven't been quite clear I will try to stick to one topic at a time

First topic (double din to single din)
head unit my original head unit in the jeep is a doubled din head unit does someone make a conversion kit that converts it back to single din I have done a quick Google search and no luck surely someone makes one

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you tried plugging your vehicle info into Crutchfield? Also if you need some vehicle specific help, like a dash kit you might try over at the Jeep Garage forum.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A double to single converter should be a standard item, not specific to any particular vehicle. Basicly it's just a single din pocket/shelf that sits above or below your single din head deck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A double to single converter should be a standard item, not specific to any particular vehicle. Basicly it's just a single din pocket/shelf that sits above or below your single din head deck.
I meant vehicle specific in the context that you wouldn't buy a dash kit for a Subaru if you own a GM. They also change for the same make and model over the years. A dash kit for a 2011 jeep wrangler is not going to be the same as a dash kit for a 2000 jeep wrangler. Granted a dash kit for a 2011 Jeep could also potentially fit a 2011 Dodge or Chrysler, you still need to know what specific kit will fit your vehicle.

Maybe we're talking about two different things, dash kit vs. converter but i'm pretty sure they're the same thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think he wants to convert his double-din to two single-din's.

The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7".

I think your looking for something like the image below, but I dont think your radio is a true double-din. Almost looks like 1.5 din.

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/BKCDK650.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you very much mdavis007 that is exactly what am looking for and for the rest of you guys thanks for your help I will be mounting the DEH-P01 in their.:)

now we can move on the next question for the front stage as I said I want to be running a 4way active system I know there's a couple of people on here that have achieved this

I will be using

morel 6le originally 2 way plus morel CDM-88

and the ULTIMO12 SUBWOOFER 4 ohms

to power this for the front stage
I will be using my Leviathan first-generation 6 channel

and for the sub (rockfordT1500-1bdCP

my ultimate goal is to have Everything blending in nicely and sound natural
not harsh

I guess what I'm trying to ask is what issues would I run into
I've got to go now I'm off to the Gold Coast 600 thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
thank you very much mdavis007 that is exactly what am looking for and for the rest of you guys thanks for your help I will be mounting the DEH-P01 in their.:)

now we can move on the next question for the front stage as I said I want to be running a 4way active system I know there's a couple of people on here that have achieved this

I will be using

morel 6le originally 2 way plus morel CDM-88

and the ULTIMO12 SUBWOOFER 4 ohms

to power this for the front stage
I will be using my Leviathan first-generation 6 channel

and for the sub (rockfordT1500-1bdCP

my ultimate goal is to have Everything blending in nicely and sound natural
not harsh

I guess what I'm trying to ask is what issues would I run into
I've got to go now I'm off to the Gold Coast 600 thanks for your help
Stupid question but have you ever tuned a 3-way active system (2-way front+sub)? If not, then I recommend you downgrade a bit and just use your set of Morel Elates...
Having the DEH-P1, and having all those adjustments, will only make your tuning harder (or easier for some ;)).
Believe me, just trying and think that you can learn fast won't help you here. You need practice and practive and more practice. Really learn from your 2-way front first then when you have it perfect, add the CDM-88.
Also spend some time reading the good tuning threads that are on the forum - there's a lot of golden knowledge here on DIYMA...

After 2 years of extensive tuning, I managed to get my horns to sound like I wanted to. Phase between drivers is finally perfect and my sound is smooth yet dynamic. 2 years... I thought that I could do it in 2 months :blush:
It's a 2-way front too.
My other car is a 3-way front that I used to have active. Went back to quasi-active coz I needed an extra pair of channel. The active part took me a really long time too.

Am not here to discourage you but if you don't know how to tune, your expensive system will sound like garbage compared to a properly tuned 2-way front system. There's no free lunch, unless there's a competent tuner near you ;)
Just my 0.02cent.

Kelvin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts