DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gentlemen. I need your taughts and opinions to make a decision. I have the following gear:
pg titanium 500.4 (4x75)
pg titanium 1000.2 (1x1,000 bridged or 2x250 @ 4 ohms)
pg titanium elite 6.5" set
15"avalanche
lpg 26na tweeter

I was originally going to run the following front stage:
pg 500.4 front channels to component set & rear chanels running lpg 26na tweets electronically high passed off the amp's crossover.

for substage:
pg ti 1000.2 running 15" avalanche

The only thing i have hooked up right now is the 500.4 amp & component set as i'm waiting for some free time to install the rest of the gear. It's been months since i've ran a sub in my suv. yesterday I borrowed my brothers 12" polk & used the rear channels on the 500.4 amp to run it @250 watts, just for some bump until I install the rest of my gear. well, after a day of driving with this sub, it was pleasing to be able to hear my music without the bass overpowering the front stage. It seems that my listening habits have changed. I have reconsidered the way to run my system & this is were I need your opinions. i'm considering this:

pg ti 1000.2 running components @ 250x2 (properly set gains of course)
pg ti 500.4 running lpg 26na tweets & use rear channels to run either a 12" idq, inifinity perfect or any other great sq that will run great off 250 watts.

what do you guys think? what would you do if you were in my shoes?

thanks for your help & I appoligize for the long post.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm no expert, but I have a infinity perfect 12 running off 300 watts and I find it more than sufficient in my trunk, although I think it may be blowing as its making some noises,(not audible in the cabin though) but it is about 4 years old now...

your going to be running two sets of tweeters? none the less the component set would probably like more than 75 watts, so if you think you can deal with 250watts going to your sub i'd give the big amp to your components.

I prefer most the bass coming from the mids and use the sub to fill the low end. If you want to keep the sound up front your mids are going to need some power... in my install the mids use more power than the sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts