DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I'm trying to decide between these two mids:

Dayton RS125s
(http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-360)

or

Hi-Vi B4N
(http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=297-429&DID=7)

What I'm looking for is a midrange/woofer that I can run in the kicks of my '95 accord. I have the Dayton rs28, (undecided location,) for tweets, and the rs180 for midbass, (factory door location, heavily deadened and sealed.)

I'm wanting to go 3-way on my front stage to get the best possible imaging/soundstage without sacrificing midbass, (or I'd just move the 180s to the kicks/floor.) Looking for a mid to play down to 150-200hz.

The mids will be getting about 45watts each, (at 4 ohm, so about 23 or so at 8 ohm,) off of an Xtant 4180c. Midbasses currently get 90 each at 8 ohm off of a bridged 4180c, and the tweets are getting 50 each off of a 2100b.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Ben

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don't like to see posts unanswered, so I will try to help. I haven't heard either of these but I have heard the RS180S, so I will recommend the RS125S which should be similarly good.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Id look into the bamboo tangband to be different :)

whats your budget by the way,a nd what frequency band are you looking for?

from 150 hz to what?? very important

as I dont think the hi-vi will have enough spl, and off axis for a car

theres a cool review of them on zaphaudio

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I may end up w/the sticking with the two-way set up I have now, as I have some interesting plans around mounting the rs180's in a better location.

If I do end up 3-way, I want a mid to play from 150 or 200hz up to about 2k or so, (where the rs28's will kick in.)

Thanks for the feedback so far.

-Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts