DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after figuring out my amplifier (Kappa 5) can take two inputs from the headunit for all four stereo channels I'm thinking of maybe trying a crossover with biampable capabilities to take advantage of all the power of the four channels. I was having problems with noise having the channels bridged so this was just a thought to keep my amp and utilize as much of it as I can and after looking at the crossovers on the amplifier going active isn't an option unfortunately. So since I am already fed up with my Morel Maximo woofers but I love the tweeters I was thinking of possibly replacing the midbass with these WoofersEtc.com - CX62 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Ohm Mid-bass Drivers possibly get a set of biampable crossovers so that I can have seperate power for the midbass and tweeters off of my four channel and have them crossed over correctly. Morel lists the crossover point on the Maximo tweeters to be 3800hz so I was hoping possibly to keep them around the same crossover point. I'm not sure if this is possible or a good idea to use seperate midbass, crossover, and tweeter but these are just thoughts of how to change what I don't like in my system in the easiest way. If someone has any ideas on what would be a good crossover or if my idea is stupid as hell please let me know either way. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you get the ID, they are bi-ampable, kinda, right now. the "woofer" output on those is full range, so just connect the tweeter to em and run the woofer on a separate channel. good to go.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you get the ID, they are bi-ampable, kinda, right now. the "woofer" output on those is full range, so just connect the tweeter to em and run the woofer on a separate channel. good to go.
So then technically I can run the woofer full range one one set of channels and allow for natural roll off and only one I need to be concerned about is having the tweeter crossedover from the lower frequencies if I am understanding correctly?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
yup, if you want to cross the woofers upper end you can, but it is not required.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know! Thanks for sharing, I think I definitely have to pull the trigger on the ID midbass now:D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts