DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to run rear fill in my truck install. I had a set of CDT HD-63s but decided not to use them. I want a driver that will play from 80-100 hz up to about 4 or 5k. It needs to be 6.5" or less in diameter and less than 2.5" deep. I will be giving it about 125w.

I was thinking of the Seas CA18s but they would be a bit too large and too deep. Is there anything similar that will fit my needs?

Thanks,
Tom

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
That's tough... all the top drivers are closer to 7" diameter and 3" depth.

How about the Seas CA15RLY? It's a little bit over 2.5" in depth, but an excelllent buy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking at that one on Madisound but there is no spec sheet available.

Have you heard this driver?

Thanks for your help,
TomT

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked it up on Seas site and the specs look perfect!!! Please send me your price on these and I will order a pair immediately.

Thanks again,
Tom

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
This is a very nice driver. I think the midrange is even better than the CA18, but the bass of course is not even close... although still very good for a 5.5". I rank it close in performance to the Scan-Speak revelator at a fraction of the cost.

Price is $47 each, plus shipping. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts