DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm working on my first sound deadening project and I need some advice. I'm trying to kill road noise and quiet my truck. I've already put CLD on all doors and most of the floor and it definitely made a big improvement in my audio set-up sound, but not so much for road noise. I know that I'm in need of a barrier. I have a roll of 1/8" CCF and a buddy of mine gave me a sheet of lead he had laying around. I think it's #2 (2 lbs/sq ft). My main concern is installing it safely and most efficiently on the floor. I have direct access to most of the floorpan without having to take out the interior.

I already have templates of CCF to use. I had put CCF over the CLD on the floorpan on D/S and P/S (didn't do sh*t but I had it already). So I'm thinking to cut sheets of lead the same size as the CCF then sandwich the lead with another layer of CCF on top. Before making the sandwich I have some 4 mil vinyl wrap and was planning to wrap the lead to eliminate the chance of lead dust floating around later. Then put the jute/carpet back over it and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah the CCF isn't playing the role of barrier here. I thought the CCF is going to decouple the lead from the CLD on one side and the carpet on the other. The lead has way more mass than MLV for its' size. I was originally going to get MLV, but I think the lead could work well and hey, it's free.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like you have it figured out. Just do it. Report back with results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts