DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by describing my current system.

I've got a Sony DSX-310BTX running to an Audison BitTen D, into Alpine MRP-M500 and MRP-F300 amps, into a 2-way active Rainbow/CDT front stage with a JL 12W6v2 in the back.

I used the Sony HU for a while and always thought it could be a little better, that's when I decided to utilize the optical input of the BitTen by getting a Pure I-20 iPod dock. So I bypassed the Sony and go full digital straight into the processor's 24-bit DAC, which is awesome and sounds amazing but at the price of losing every feature a HU offers and being limited to a dock connector coming out of my dash.

Now I'm feeling that itch to change it up again and want to go back to a HU. All I'm worried about is sound quality and having a CD player. I don't want/need a HU with 300 USB inputs, blinking flashy lights galore, time alignment, EQ, multiple preouts, etc. I've got all of that covered with the processor. The only features I'd really prefer it to have is a CD player, one set of preouts, Single or 1.5 din, some form of aux input (digital optical/coax ideally), and a digital output. I'm not sure if something like this even exists but that would be the ideal unit. :laugh:

The Nakamichi MB-X is the closest thing I have found so far and I'm wondering if anyone has any better suggestions!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's a great head unit. I'll have to look into it, thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately it just sold :/ but ill keep it in mind for sure!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
May want to search as I think a bunch of the older alpine a had digital out. Try google "headunit optical output"

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
CDA-7949 has optical-output

1 - 7 of 7 Posts