• Option 2 - 2 Tier

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 possible designs for the t-slot amp rack for the PPI Art amps.

First is a 3-tier design with the A600.2 on top, 2x A300.2 in the middle and the A1200 on the bottom.

Blue Rectangle Azure Font Material property

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Wood

The other design is a simpler 2-tier design with the A600.2 and the A300.2s sharing the top tier and the A1200 is still on the bottom
Azure Rectangle Font Aqua Material property

Blue Rectangle Asphalt Font Automotive exterior

Please don't pay attention to the colors of anything. The rack is black anodized and the amps will sit on 6mm cast acrylic panels that will not be visible.

Looking for peoples opinions on which is a nicer/better design please.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
option 1 with swapped A1200 and 2 x A300, so the wider two amps combo is at the lowest "shelf"
One of the reasons I went this way was that I'm considering a beauty panel with a Chevy Bowtie Acrylic window in the future. But what you say makes sense structurally.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
...and less messing with cabling for two A300s at the bottom..... Idea for the amp rack construction looks cool! Anyways, Im sure it will looks crazy good and impressive when finished!

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what it looks like with @LBaudio's design. The only issue is aesthetic. You can see the t-slot between the amps...PPI made an amp "bridge" piece for this purpose, but it's harder to find than hen's teeth.
Blue Product Rectangle Azure Font

• Love
Reactions: LBaudio

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
that would be great if you could get one.... (just get one burned amp for spare parts and cut the heatsink like Robolop did with his JLaudio amprack.... pretend like I didnt said that😇😇😇)

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would be great if you could get one.... (just get one burned amp for spare parts and cut the heatsink like Robolop did with his JLaudio amprack.... pretend like I didnt said that😇😇😇)
LOL, I actually though about that. I can find an A100.2 for pretty cheap (~ $100) and get my buddy to cut it on the band saw at work. I'm just worried the old-school police may try to hurt me :)

Reactions: LBaudio
1 - 10 of 10 Posts