DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of ck6v's that I was thinking about ditching the passive crossover and using the crossovers on my jl amps. Im not that knowledgeable about crossovers though. How do I go about doing this?
The tweeters on high pass above 2500 on 24db?
Then do I put the woofer on low pass or high? what frequency? Same slope?

Should I just stick with the passive so I don't mess the speakers up?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am not an expert but make sure you do not disengage high pass on the tweets

·
Registered
898 Posts
You need to know what the slops/ cutoff is for those speakers so you don't do it incorrectly. Just use the passive X-overs and enjoy :D.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Start with 2500 hpf on the tweets and a lpf 2500 on the mids use the additional hpf on your hu to bandpass the mids. Agood starting point there is 80.
If it doesnt sound right and the mids and tweet dont seem to be right just play around with it.
Using a cap is also a good idea so that pop or malfunction doesnt put a end to your tweets.
Also try searching. ACTIVE
EDIT: 24 db slopes are fine but play around with them and you might find you like something else better.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah...2.5kHz is pretty low on those. They got harsh for me down there. Mine sounded best at 3.25kHz/24db.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question. Could I put just the tweeters on the passive crossover, not the woofers? Will it put all the input watts to the tweeters? Will they still remain 4 ohms?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Do you have 2 spare channels so you can run 4 channels on the components? You mentioned JL amps but not how many channels and if you have rear speakers on an amp. It's fine to run the tweeters on the passives and run the amp full range. You want to be able to adjust the level on your head unit if possible, otherwise you're stuck with the gain adjustment only. The woofers need a bandpass crossover for both a high pass and a low pass filter on the same channel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I Have 6 channels. A 4 channel and a 2 channel.
I dont think I have a way to bandpass the woofers with out using the passive crossovers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts