DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this little tiny Zapco Studio 54 a little while ago. I really don't know why, except that it was sooo cute and tiny that I had to have it. I think I have a problem, but I digress.

http://homepage.mac.com/ttubbiola/PhotoAlbum28.html

From what I can gather it puts out between 12 and 18w per channel (4 channel). I'm thinking ribbons. Are there any midbasses that are as efficient as the ribbons?

I'm thinking of pairing this little amp with my old Eclipse 5504 in my Mom's Infinity i30 (1989) for a mini SQ system. She doesn't like anything loud anyway and doesn't currently need a sub.

So, give me any ideas of ways to use this little guy. I'm open to any ideas no matter how stupid or off the wall.

TomT

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
maybe if you get some of these..

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=6931161.29925&pid=1302

then horn load them so you can pick up some major efficiency! you can make a whole new dash, with the left mid starting on the right side, then the horn will run along the bottom of the dash and exit at the top of the dash on the left side - and the right mid can do the same thing but starting from the left side and exiting on the right side!

:twisted:

TomT said:
So, give me any ideas of ways to use this little guy. I'm open to any ideas no matter how stupid or off the wall.

TomT
Tom, jk! :p ..i got nothin... :cry:

·
Registered
531 Posts
xtant is making a 100 watt monoblock that is about that size....

cute little things :)

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Holy hannahs!!!

That lil guy is PERFECT for my active setup. It screams TWEET amp!!!

Here's the idea...

SELL IT TO ME!!!!!

c'mon... ya know you want to. What with all the guilty feelings of buying it... with no real purpose in mind.

It's just sitting there.

Un-used and un-loved.

It needs a nice home...

...my amp rack.

Sorry, I digress... I can be a bit tangential at times. I think you are right on the mark, Tom. Tweets. If ya have the room, why not give ribbons a whirl?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First off, it IS loved and in a good home. It has a pair of older brothers guarding it (Studio 500s). :)

If I sold it to you, do you promise to never let it get around any big Audiobahn Bullies? I couldn't live with myself if it ended up in a drive-by shooting or even worse, an SPL competition.

TomT

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
LOL... No SPL comps for me. I am waaaaaaaaaaaay too old to run with that crowd. :D

It would find a home between an ED Nine.2 and Nine.4, pushing some LPG 25NFA's.

My current plan is to get another Nine.4. Use front channel for tweets, and have an extra channel in case I ever get around to figuring out how to implement a usable center channel.

Source unit will eventually be a nice lil Mac Mini toslinked into the H701.

However, the simplicity an size of this lil jewel really helps clear a lot of space on the rack!!!! Great find you have there.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Thx. Replied.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, just pulled up the first thread I ever started here. Brings back some memories.

Found a pic of the little guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been here 12 years and has 80 posts....LOL, I love it. Though I can't really talk about post count....
I guess I don't have a lot to say. :D

I mostly read and follow people that are much more knowledgeable than myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts