DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2004 Rav4 (2)JL900/5 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to route the multiple power, grounds, and speaker wire nicely and securely around the floor under both my front seats. I don’t have any clearance to mount the amps on a sheet of wood or hdpe without the amps interfering with the seats movement. Everything has to be attached to the carpet. I’ve see wire holding gadgets that screw into something but I only have carpet. I don’t necessarily want to be drilling a dozen self tappers through the carpet and through the sheet metal poking out under the car.

Would anyone have some suggestions on search terms, build logs or specific products that I can investigate?

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
You can’t spare 1/4”? A piece of abs or even plywood/mdf carpeted will give you a much cleaner finished product and you won’t have to Swiss cheese your floorboard. You stacking the 900/5’s?
Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas Electrical wiring

Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Audio equipment Electronic engineering

Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Office supplies

Reactions: 420tabbycat

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can’t spare 1/4”? A piece of abs or even plywood/mdf carpeted will give you a much cleaner finished product and you won’t have to Swiss cheese your floorboard. You stacking the 900/5’s? View attachment 322668
View attachment 322670
View attachment 322669
No, one under each seat. I was testing them for fitment yesterday. It’s already kinda rubbing and the new 900/5 is too mint to let get scratched up.

ps, I vacuumed the car 😉

White Automotive tire Light Black Luggage and bags

· Registered
866 Posts
First thing I would do is to pull the carpet. You probably have a lot of factory jute/padding under the seat that could be removed. This may give you the room you need.
While you have that out you can clean clean the carpet. Simple green. Scrub and flush with garden hose.
Here is one way I mount components under a seat.

I'd find another place for the dsp. Center up the HDs.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even if I don’t want to shampoo it I can definitely take out the padding and gain some room. It’s a work vehicle in my lawncare business and it’s no use trying to clean a work truck carpet lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.