DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I appreciate your suggestions and advice. I have a 2017 Nissan Titan with navigation but without Rockford. I'm looking to get a little better sound in my car, I don't need something that is going to blow the neighborhood away, but I would like some better sound than I have. I want my replace my head unit with a carplay compatible head unit. I was thinking mechless because I don't listen to cds at all any longer. I need to support two camera inputs, one for my current backup camera and I would like to add a front camera. All of this while maintaining my steering wheel controls. I had been looking at the Alpine ILX-650w, but I'm not sure that I'm sold on it. I am also interested in upgrading my existing speakers as I'm concerned the head unit won't do a great job with the subpart speakers that are in the truck.

With all this said, I don't have a huge budget, but I don't want to go super cheap either. I'm also happy to do this in phases so that I can spend more if that makes sense. One other thought as well, does anyone know if it would be at all possible to get a small subwoofer in a door? Is that even something that I would want to do?

I'm sure I will have some follow-up questions, but I really appreciate you guys expertise.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 16 XD. Looking over the forum to see if anyone has done anything with the Titan. I have the Rockford system in mine. Radio/CD sound not very good at all.

I did find something that makes it sound a lot better, from phone, anyway. I use the Aux input with an Audioquest Cobalt DAC. Big difference in sound quality. Have also used a Bluetooth DAC in the same fashion. Really made a significant improvement, to me. Got it from Amazon. EarStudio ES100-24bit Portable High-Resolution Bluetooth Receiver. It was $99.00. I now use it on my boat.

Just something you may like to try, to improve the sound. YMMV

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have a 2012 SV. It had an aftermarket HU when I bought it, but I don't believe it came with the Rockford system from the factory. I did a full tear down, and re-installed my own aftermarket equipt.
Currently running:
Jensen VX7023 HU
Dayton 408 DSP
JBL MS1004 full range amp
JBL MS5001 mono amp
SI BMMK4 sub, downfiring under rear seat
SI TM65v2 woofers in front doors
Dayton rs75-4 full range in dash
Hertz tweeters in corners of dash on HU power
Rear door speakers are pioneer coax that came with the truck, and are on HU power

Budget build with things I had lying around, but sounds excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts