DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m using mainly my iPhone as music source for Tidal and other streaming service.I also have KENWOOD double din in my car.
My dsp have option for Coax in or optical in beside Rca connection.
What you recommend as best connection chain for sq?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi
I’m using mainly my iPhone as music source for Tidal and other streaming service.I also have KENWOOD double din in my car.
My dsp have option for Coax in or optical in beside Rca connection.
What you recommend as best connection chain for sq?
Thanks
Use the Apple Camera adapter. U can charge and stream.

From there, u can go via USB into a Topping D10, or I found a cheaper solution on amazon that does the same thing and sounds great.

Signstek HiFi USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB DAC PCM Signstek HiFi USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB DAC PCM:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

^^ mounted behind Kenwood radio. USB in....Optical/Coaxial out....into DSP. perfection lol only 28 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
How do you use the iPhone camera thing for audio ? I have one and have not used it for anything yet.

·
Registered
918 Posts
How do you use the iPhone camera thing for audio ? I have one and have not used it for anything yet.

You use the lightening in to power the camera kit, plug the kit into the iPhone and then use the usb to send digital bit perfect output into a topping d10 as it works extremely well as a digital usb to coax converter (which I should add sounds better than analogue into a dsp when using it as a dac)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Not sure why the Topping D10 would be necessary if you're only looking to extract a digital signal from your iphone to go optical into your dsp. The Topping has a DAC that would be bypassed anyway if using its optical output.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts