DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have just bought and installed IVA-W520E, PXA-H800 and RUX-C800 in my car. But i realise a problem with the PXA-H800 when it comes to DTS & Dolby Digital 5.1.

I connect the headunit to the processor using Ai-Net with 5.1 channel speaker setting when first start up. I could get the DTS or DD5.1 sound. Or should i say the processor (H800) did not light up as according to the manual (Source encoded with DTS or DD5.1 with light up automatically). I even tried to set it manually but there was no option for me to turn it on except for Dolby II which does not serve my needs. I sincerely hope someone can help me troubleshoot my system, thanks.

Configuration of system
1) Active crossover for front channel (2-way) using 4 channel amplifier

Using another 6 channel amplifier to power
2) Coaxial rear channel
3) Center speaker
4) Subwoofer (bridged)

·
Registered
721 Posts
The answer to your problem; Alpine KWE-610A Optical Cable For Use With Alpine Processors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But where do i plug this cable into? As in which port of the headunit? The manual did not mention anything about this cable and how to connect it up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
But where do i plug this cable into? As in which port of the headunit? The manual did not mention anything about this cable and how to connect it up.
That would indicate it does not have optical out. You would need the IVA-D800E for full functions on the PXA-H800.

·
Registered
150 Posts
or the INA-W910

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it does not have optical out. But it was mentioned in the manual to get true 5.1 or DTS , i need external processor like h7 series. With that stated means it has a way to deliver digital out somehow isnt it? If not then i think the ALpine ads has got me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kwe-610a is electrical covert to optical output is it? This site also mention it support iva-w520. But if its electrical to optical where should i plug it in? Auxilary?

m.grosiraudio.com/produk/details/535/68/cables-&-accessories/cables/alpine-kwe-610e

·
Registered
721 Posts
The kwe-610a is electrical covert to optical output is it? This site also mention it support iva-w520. But if its electrical to optical where should i plug it in? Auxilary?

m.grosiraudio.com/produk/details/535/68/cables-&-accessories/cables/alpine-kwe-610e

It is really not that difficult to figure out! If your unit does not have either one of these optical connector, It will not do digital 5.1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I have connected an IVA W520 to a PXA-H800 with an Ai-NET cable.
- Defeat mode is set to off
- System switch is set to EQ/DIV
- I can hear sound from speakers

The issue is that when selecting: SETUP => AUDIO SETUP => A.PROCESSOR on the W520 I do not have any options displayed on screen and I cannot control any option on the H800 from the head unit.

Is there anything I am missing? What should I do in order to see the setting items of the sound processor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts