DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Help needed with Hertz/Rainbow Purchase

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bilalbinrais 
#1 ·
Hi all... I know it might have been asked before, but I couldn't find my answer. Please let me know your opinions on the following.

I am looking to upgrade the audio system in my small hatchback. I've finalised these according to my budget:

1) 80PRS
2) PPI p900.4
3) Rainbow SL-S12 (In hurricane v12box)

4) Please let me know what sounds louder and clearer with detail. Hertz HSK 165 or Rainbow SL-C6.2

5) I have found this seller on eBay. He is in Germany. He is listed on Rainbow's website as a dealer but NOT on hertz german website. I've contacted him and he says he is authorised hertz retailer.
Given a lot of fake HERTZ moving around, what do u think. Should I be buying from him.

P.S. I am in Korea and I really cant buy HERTZ from a dealer in Korea, as they quoted me a USD-900 for a HSK 165. Online purchase is the only option for me.

Here are the links for the german seller.

rainbow sl-c6.2: ebay.com/itm/Rainbow-SL-C6-2-Sound-Line-16-5cm-Komponentensystem-SL-C-6-2-/141390584593?hash=item20eb891b11

HERTZ HSK 165: ebay.com/itm/Hertz-HSK-165-4-Hi-Energy-16-5cm-Deutsche-Ware-vom-autorisierten-Fachhandler-/131302854194

Seller's website: hifi-music.de

Basically i need two answers. 1) Hertz or rainbows, 2) is that seller selling fakes? whats your opinion?

Any comments/ help are highly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
hsks on ebay for less than 200 bucks.. yeah id say theyre a gamble

out of the two though, id go with the hertz. but why not order some raw drivers? you can get much better price to performance by doing that over your two choices

#4 ·
Finally got my Hertz set. Serial numbers verified. I cant imagine how i got this set for a cheap price and it turned out to be legitimate. :)

You guys can have a look at his ebay store, cheaply priced stuff and super cheap delivery option. Mine was delivered from Germany to Korea in 7 days.

P.S: If you want to have a look at pics of the speakers let me know...

Current setup:
HSK 165
PPI P900.4
80PRS (On its way, not yet delivered)
Rainbow Sl-S12 (On its way, not yet delivered)

#6 ·
They sound great... As many people have said about the HSKs, tweeters are a bit bright for some tracks but again, im running them at 0dB setting on the crossovers. Also the set sounds pretty balanced for most of the tracks. I believe once the 80PRS arrives it will be much easier to EQ the system and once the subwoofer goes in, overall sound will be more rounded off..

Overall I'm more than happy with the Hertz set....

Will post pictures once the install is complete...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.