DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. this is my first thread but I've been a long time follower. I have a problem. I had an install yesterday in a 1993 Acura Legend with the Bose system. Bypassing the Bose system was a pain but I got everything working (or so I thought).

Customer called me today and said she loves the system but now her horn, alarm or cruise is not working. The diagram never mentioned any of these being attached to the factory system. It does have a blue wire in the factory harness for stearing wheel audio controls but that shouldn't be the cause of her problems should it?

Please help me sort through this problem because as we all kinow,word of mouth is key.

Also, the factory system used 2 antenna plugs (a normal sized and a smaller one) and not the usuall 1. Any info on this would also be apprecited.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. that was the first thing i [was going to check when she brings it back. hopefully thats all it is but if its not then what? I DO NOT want to tear into the car if I dont have to!

Please put my name on the "I HATE Bose car audio too" list!lol

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I'm with BDL...all three of those are ususally fused and thats the first thing I would check. After that Id check around the head unit wiring for any loose or disconneted plugs. (Hey it happens sometimes...) If you accidentally popped one loose, it could very well effect the crusie control and horn for mthe steereing wheel and possibly the alarm as well (ignition?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts