DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I have my whole system done, and everything installed except the sub box. My friends and I have no clue how to make a Vented box. i have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D (12 inch). if anyone has blueprints for a vented box, that would be awesome, we mostly just need something to go off of. Thanks a Ton!!!
~Dustin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where does the Port Go?

Thanks for the advice, i might just go with the sealed box, but im always looking for a challenge. Plus i already have a sealed box if i want to use it, but i have never made a ported one, so yea. well i was looking at my dimensions, and infinity recomends that i be around 1.75 cubic Ft, and i was wondering, should the port be by itself or could you connect it to the side of the box.

if you dont get what i'm saying, i have a picture, but i just cant figure out how to get the picture on here, so yea.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Usually most people just use 3" pipe cut to length as a port, and cut a hole in the box and attach it.

If you're trying to make a slot port, it's ok to use the side of the box as part of the port.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ported will give more output down to the tuning freq.
sealed will play lower
ported can damage woofer if u play tones that go below the tuning freq.
do not assume that 3"pipe is ok.box must be designed for particular woofer in mind or it will cause crappy output and/or woofer damage.
follow manufacturer specs presicely when building ported or use a box design program.
btw,that woofer will sound much better for sq sealed than ported

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe WinISD will help you design a box that is tuned for a certain frequency... but designing a ported enclosure is no easy matter... I have no reason to use one myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.