DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well looking for some suggestions/opinions on a build aimed more for SQ. Willing to spend a little extra now so I'm not constantly upgrading. Currently looking at doing this:

HU: ? but if I'm not mistaken it needs 5 channel preamp outputs?
Front speakers: Boston pro60se comp set
Rear speakers: ?
Sub: IDMAX v3 off sonicelectronix.com (are they reliable?)
Amps: AudioQue 1200d for the sub and AudioQue 4x90 for the speakers

Have a $1500 budget. I drive a 2009 Camry (I know it's a grandma car :p). I'm gonna admit after reading a couple threads I'm pretty scared to post, you guys seem to rip noobs like me up but any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
I'm a noob also and these gentlemen has been very helpful. Its important that you provide them as much info as you can so that they can clearly address your wants/needs. If you are iffy about your overall wants, you will get several suggestions. By the way a 2009 Camry is sweet. Quiet and stealthy, good car to play with. My best to you in getting what you would like. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I really want something that I won't get tired of and want to upgrade in a month or two. Something that will stick in my car for awhile and I know I said the budget is 1500 but its more of a soft budget willing to go a 100 over if necessary

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Trust me I know the feeling. I am far from a car audio guy but I love learning. My old professor used to say a wise man closes his mouth and opens his mind. I like the fact that you have set a budget. In every car that i have built that is a must. If not you will find that it will never be done to your satisfaction. In my case I want a strong front image with ease of operation. My budget for everything is now down to $800.00. The last thing on my list is a solid set of 6.5 components. I have rear fill now only due to the fact that my twins ride back there and they love singing to the music. Maybe we can bounce some ideas off of each other. :)

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I'm gonna admit after reading a couple threads I'm pretty scared to post, you guys seem to rip noobs like me up but any help would be appreciated!
lol, some people can be a bit...........abrasive, lol

the IDmax is a great choice. they are very reliable, just like anything, install is the key. poor install = poor sound

dont worry about the rear speakers. if you need em later, you can get em, but I would spend the money on a solid front stage.

not sure about those audioque amplifiers though. any company that not only rates thie stuff at 1% distortion but also adds a 5% distortion spec is just overdriving them to get an impressive spec sheet. if you compared them to another amplifer that puts out 1200watts at .05-.1%, they will prolly put out less than 1000 watts.

are you gonna self install? dont forget power wire, speaker wire, RCAS, ect. that stuff adds up quick :p

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Coppertone- Well idk if I'm the person to bounce ideas off of since this is my first system, but I've heard a few. But I agree it's good to put your ego to the side and be all ears :D

@minbari- It's not a self install but I have a buddy who can do the install for me so I think I'd probably have to buy the wires and stuff. I'll keep that in mind. I was only looking at audio que cause alot of people recommended them or sundown amps, any other recommendations? Also how are the boston pro's? My uncle has boston components in his Tacoma they sound good but idk what model he has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts