DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing an install in a Subaru Legacy Wagon. I'm looking to have a SQ installation. Here are the components:

Speakers
1x Hi-Vi B3S Center (Mounting and BP range TBD)
2x RS-150-4 Front Stage, stock location (lower door)
2x Seas 27TFFNC/G Front Stage, stock location (upper door)
2x RS-225-4 Mid-bass, location tbd
1x Soundstream SPL-12 subwoofer

Amps
Kenwood KAC-8452 4x70W (drive front stage)
JBL GT360 4x90 (mid-bass and center with center gain attentuated)
Kenwood monoblock x150 for sub.
MS-8 (actually just being the processor)

Sources
OEM head unit
A500 Android Tablet (bluetooth and headphone direct wire)
Parrot 9100 (adds handsfree and A2Dp to head unit, driven by speaker out of OEM unit, provides speaker out to MS8, FL/FR act as inputs to MS8 )

Am trying to figure out best location/mount for center, mid-bass and the crossover points for all of this. Here's a tentative idea

Center: Hi-Vi BP 300 - 8khz (has Zaph's notch filter)
Front Stage: RS-150 HP ~300Hz - 2.5kHz 4th order
Seas 27TFFNC/G 2.5Khz up, 4th order
Midbass: RS-225 80-300Hz, 4th order.
Sub: SPL-12 0-80, 4th order

There's no room for the 225s (mid-bass) in the doors so I have 1.5 cu boxes which I intended to put in the cargo hold (station wagon) either facing toward the roof of the car or towards the rear with the SPL-12 in the middle facing the rear.

The front stage is in the stock locations (woofer low, tweeter near sail) with the doors deadened

The Hivi (or other) center is tough. I can cut a hole in the dash and mount IB facing the windshield or do something small up against the windscreen facing straightback towards the center of the car. Path length for the latter is about the same as front stage. Alternately, can just not have a center...

RS-225 would be about same path length as front stage and about at ear level. Not sure what way these should be facing- roof, rear hatch or turned around facing back of rear seats.

Do the the crossover points sound about right? I am trying to take bass duties off the Hivi which is only good down to 250 or so. Will taking everything below 250 out of the front stage and center mean the mid-bass sounds off?

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Bump cause I moved this.

I have never used a center or used rear mounted mid-bass so not much help there, but xover points look fine to me.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,363 Posts
Bump cause I moved this.

I have never used a center or used rear mounted mid-bass so not much help there, but xover points look fine to me.

I think you moved it to the wrong section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts