DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a Peerless XLS 205 8" in a VERY small sealed enclosure. Will be trying to build & mount (hide) the enclosure behind a factory panel in the back of my 2006 Mercedes ML500. What I have figured so far, the Max size available would be a wedge shaped enclosure w/ .413 cu. ft external volume and .2336 cu ft Internal air volume. :eek: Would this be enough or is this to small to properly and efficiently use this subwoofer? I know its small but the space is VERY tight back there and I still have to be able to fit the amp (Arc 2100xxk) :blush:
Thank you to all, this site is awesome keep up the great work np and everyone else.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
considering the vented box is 1.25 cu ft by spec, I dont think thats enough airspace to get the full potential-sealed, but hey try it

id give it .5 sealed if at all possible (fiberglass maybe?)

id think youd have better sub output from a id8v.3 (or my arc 8) or something like the soundsplinter rli-8 in a space that small

·
Registered
258 Posts
Pardon the hijacking, but where might I find info on the XLS 205? I've only seen the 10" and 12" variety. I've never even heard of an 8" XLS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
Pardon the hijacking, but where might I find info on the XLS 205? I've only seen the 10" and 12" variety. I've never even heard of an 8" XLS.

Thanks.

look on madisound for peerless model number 830491....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
No wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking for an XLS, not an HDS. :)

it's a supersized hds....bumped back plate raised spider....faraday rings....MUCH longer coil....

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I call it the XLS for 2 reasons:

1. There's already an 8" HDS driver
2. XLS = xtra long stroke :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts