DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just registered because i really need help i dont know if im damaging my new speakers or is just something rattling
SET UP:
pioner mp1300 HU alpine spr60c(6.5's front) spr69(6x9's rear) powered by alpine mrxf65(4 channel) i believe and the a type r 1000 rms 12" powered by kicker 1000.1dx sub wired to 2 ohm
wiring (knukonceptz 0awg to distributer 4awg to amps both have same ground and new wiring for all speakers also knukonceptz)
AMP: 4 chan is set to HP at around 100-120 cant remember the exact number.

Situation: when playing certain songs actually most songs if played somewhat loud enough (mayb close to 1/2 volume) it starts to distort almost like its clipping on certain tones (when bass gets picked up by the speakers and not sub) but my gains on the 4 chan are all the way down, apart from the front-which is like one mark up. i tried fading the sound through the HU to the LF RF RR LR and each speaker does it but the worst is from the rears.
any ideas? any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

i tried giving all the info that i think would be needed, let me know if im missing anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?
also forgot to mention when going over decent bumps it makes the noise as well only at those certain frequencies when it happens to be at the same time. just makes them much worse sounding.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
if the noise happens when you hit bumps, then you have something loose. the bass from the subs is rattling it and causing the static as well.

bad RCAs
loose power
loose ground
loose speaker wire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but when i isolated each speaker it still make the noise, but ill give it a shot and disconnect the sub and see if it continues and check all the wiring again thanks

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
if it still makes the noise is all speakers, then it is systemic.

check RCA cables, is there one device all the amplifiers feed from, like a crossover or a DSP?

single RCA cable from the HU?

bad ground?

I am just saying, that if it does it when you physically hit bumps in the road, then something is loose.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Like minibari said start with double checking all connections, make sure you have a good ground, make sure the rca's are not pinched, corroded, or loose. If this is happening with all speakers and subwoofer after checking the above mentioned things, I would narrow it down to the stereo because the odds of all your rcas being screwed up are pretty slim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so feel kinda dumb thinking it was the speakers turns out it was just the fake carpeting in back that was shaking. hopefully, i just checked it while driving about to go put some padding and see if that helps. but turns out i did have a ground almost coming loose so fixed that before it came off.

thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts