DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Need some help to finalize my gear. Currently i am running 3-way active, need to upgrade 4-way active system.

Current setup: 80prs -> 4 channel amp(zapco)-> front 2-way
80prs -> 4 channel amp(DD)-> 2 channel bridged for sub woofer another 2 channel empty for my midrange.

Now i have mosconi 4to6 dsp which will suffice my front 3way active, can i buy another mini dsp 2X4 and use for subwoofer.

is this setup possible, thanks for guidance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you have a output left to feed the 2x4 dsp for the subs. You only need one input for it as you can use a Y-cable to feed the sub dsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer, i have one more question, is it good to go for mini c-dsp 6x8, the advantage is 4-way active & single unit, how about the DAC in that, is that superior to 80prs burbrown dac. Will the 6x8 have better audio quality.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
DACs are hardly the bottleneck these days. The BB in the 80PRS are excellent, but I wouldn't not at all be worried about the DAC in the mini-dsp sounding any worse. Sending all of the signal to a single DSP would be ideal. You could have issues with latency if you send the signal to 2 different DSPs. There may be more or less delay in one DSP, making it really tricky to time align everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Planing to upgrade my DD 4 channel amp to mosconi amplifier, need some input which mosconi amp should be fine for my setup. I have shortlisted AS100.4, Gladen Pro 4/10 and D2 100.4, almost most of the amps are in same price range, this 4 channel amp will be powering my mid (NZ3) and tweeter. Need some recommendation on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts