DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finishing revamping my system and want to add a sound processor to maximize SQ. I drive a 2009 Subaru Legacy and have the following gear:

Deck: Kenwood DNX9990HD

Front: Hertz MLK 3 PA components
Rear:Hertz HCX 130 coaxials
Subs: Hertz HX 300d (x2)

Front amp: Hertz HDP4
Rear amp: Alpine PDX2.150
Sub amp: Hertz HDP1 @ 2ohms

Definitely an upgrade from my old system, admittedly I went a bit overboard but my local shop takes good care of me on gear/installation pricing. At this point I want to get the most out of it considering what I spent.

I figured a sound processor would be a good move to improve the already awesome SQ and naturally the bit one seemed like the best choice since I've stayed with the Hertz line.

My local dealer, who convinced me to go with Hertz in the first place, is recommending the 3sixty.3 over the bit one. They seem close enough in price and features, does anybody know how the quality of the internal components compare? I was looking for an opinion from someone who has had experience with either and isn't working on commission!

Thanks in advance for any useful input!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd go bit one over 3sixty. Either that or the ARC unit. There are authorized arc dealers in the area.
The 3sity.2 I had was very flakey and frustrating. From my research it sounds like the same kind of issues plague the 3sixty.3.

If you want to check out the Audison software give me a couple weeks and I'll have my system in. I'm installing the Bit Ten.

Are you running that component set active? Or using the Hertz crossover? If you're using the included crossover you don't really need a processor... especially with that HU. The Kenwood deck is similar to the DDX896 I had - loads of xover and tuning features for a double din.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'd go bit one over 3sixty. Either that or the ARC unit. There are authorized arc dealers in the area.
The 3sity.2 I had was very flakey and frustrating. From my research it sounds like the same kind of issues plague the 3sixty.3.

If you want to check out the Audison software give me a couple weeks and I'll have my system in. I'm installing the Bit Ten.

Are you running that component set active? Or using the Hertz crossover? If you're using the included crossover you don't really need a processor... especially with that HU. The Kenwood deck is similar to the DDX896 I had - loads of xover and tuning features for a double din.
the .3 is light years better than the .2, only issue with it is you have to cycle the ignition sometimes to get it to want to register as connected to the laptop.

Both have their strong points. I would say go 360 unless you plan to run audison voce amps in the future.

Ive used both plenty of times, I have the Bitone in my car, and will be putting a 360 in my wifes. While biasly I like the bitone more.... its just that, I like it more, also the 360 is much cheaper than a bitone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts