DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

Newb here. I just finished installing a new system in my SUV. I have the Alpine IVA-D310, JL Audio 500/5, JL Audio XR650CSi for the fronts, JL Audio VR650CSi for the rears and a JL Audio 8W7 in a custom enclosure.

I did all the work myself and for the most part the system sounds great but it seems to be lacking something. I was thinking about adding some LPG 50FA's in all 4 pillars where the factory Bose used to be to bring out the system more.

I must confess that I am still learning all about car audio systems and I'm not exactly sure what I need. I seem to have plenty of tweet, as a matter of fact I turned them down some. I have plenty of bass. I think it's mid range that could be better.

Do you think the LPG 50FA's might help. I know it's hard to tell without hearing the system. Sorry for the long post but any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
Where are your speaker components located? Can you tell us "what you are missing?" Is it the higher end sparkle? Is it soundstage localization? Help me help you. :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sounds like the mids are likely low on the doors of your SUV OR behind the door panels deep enough to rob them of their sensitivity...

Have you tried using the EQ on you HU to see if it helps...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, the mids are located low on the doors but I hear them alright. I've tried adjusting the EQ many times. I guess I would say that the biggest problem is voices. Voices don't seem to come through very well. Like they need to be louder.

Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
Alright, voices fall within around 300Hz-3000Hz. If you are hearing lower sounds alright then try to maybe boost these freq. Is it male and female voices both that you do not hear or just one of them? If you are not using the supplied x-overs and controlling the drivers actively from your D310 then you also have the ability to change the xover points as well. This also might help your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts