DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After going through the forum to a extensively high extent, still have a few doubts about selecting comps and amp for my ride. Decided to go for dynaudio esotec system 342.

the car in which the install is to carried out is a Fiat grande punto

my queries are as follows

1. mosconi 120.4 vs jl 300/4 v2 vs zapco ref 360.4, which is better in terms of SQ when used to power the above components

2. the mosconi giving 120x4 @ 4ohms & 350x2 @4 ohms bridged, can I power the 342's in bridged mode running passive.

3. or should I look at jl 300/4 & 300/2 0r zapco ref 360.4 and ref 350.2 to power the hi/mid & lows respectively.(if they are better than the mosconi)

I am looking for stronger bass from the lows with the high's and mids not going to loud or into something that pinches the ears.

I understand the queries might be a amateur but i'm am confused big time and done wish to land up with a wrong decision.

Regards,
Jasveen

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I ran that same system active off of JL's HD600/4 and a 900/5 and it sounded great. The amp shouldn't color the sound so it won't make the highs harsh, thats in the tuning. These are not power hungry speakers like so many say. They're just as efficient as any other set but they handle tons of power so well and sound so good doing it. I would give them lots of power.

The crossovers have 3 adjustments for both the mids and tweeters. There are no worries of being harsh, they just sound natural. You will be very happy with the Dyns. 350x2 sounds like a winner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts